Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

MB QUART DISCUS Series ?? any good?

Old 08-06-2008, 02:09 PM
MeanGreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MB QUART DISCUS Series ?? any good?

MB QUART DISCUS Series DKF 168 - Car speaker - 2-way - coaxial - 6" x 8"

Amazon.com: MB QUART DISCUS Series DKF 168 - Car speaker - 2-way - coaxial - 6" x 8": Electronics Amazon.com: MB QUART DISCUS Series DKF 168 - Car speaker - 2-way - coaxial - 6" x 8": Electronics

MB quart was once THE brand of audio speakers and now they have an affordable line...

i need to replace my rear speakers in my 96 coupe (ripped one of the oems while removing the tint off my back window) and these would make me feel extra cool.

Has anybody heard any speaker from this line and are they any good?

ive got an 8" sub behind my spare tire, a kenwood HU and an eclipse 4 channel amp (2 channels bridged to the sub, and the other two running my front and rear speakers - LEft and Right)

the front components will eventually get switched too but id like to change out the damaged speaker now while ive got the rear deck cover off.

hreally:
Old 08-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Travis@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by MeanGreen
MB QUART DISCUS Series DKF 168 - Car speaker - 2-way - coaxial - 6" x 8"

Amazon.com: MB QUART DISCUS Series DKF 168 - Car speaker - 2-way - coaxial - 6" x 8": Electronics

MB quart was once THE brand of audio speakers and now they have an affordable line...

i need to replace my rear speakers in my 96 coupe (ripped one of the oems while removing the tint off my back window) and these would make me feel extra cool.

Has anybody heard any speaker from this line and are they any good?

ive got an 8" sub behind my spare tire, a kenwood HU and an eclipse 4 channel amp (2 channels bridged to the sub, and the other two running my front and rear speakers - LEft and Right)

the front components will eventually get switched too but id like to change out the damaged speaker now while ive got the rear deck cover off.

hreally:

Yea I agree MB Quart was the brand of all brands about 6 years ago or so. About 4 or 5 years ago MB Quart was bought out by another company called Maxsoinics. The speakers are so so. If you able to get ahold of older speakers that are in good shape then they are the true MB Quart sound.

As for what I have been able to hear and see there isn't much different in the new MB Quarts and say an Alpine type S speaker.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:42 AM
MeanGreen

Should i just use some round speaker in the 6x8 holes with a bit of custom speaker mounts? Maybe i could get some of those little speaker baffles under them and at the same time let some of my sub bass in my trunk more easily come into my cabin?
Old 08-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Travis@DICE
Banned

I am pretty sure that the rear speakers are either a 6X9 or 6.5" speaker. If it is not a round speaker it will be a 6X9. 6X8 is a Ford and Mazda size speaker.