Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Fiber optic interconnects

Old 11-17-2002, 07:38 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiber optic interconnects

Anyone use em? Is there any significant sq gains to be had and noticed w/your ears? How much do they run?
Old 11-17-2002, 01:14 PM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

usually the head unit has to have the ability to send signal through a fiber optic wire, its very very pricey, and i've only really seen on high end units like alpines.

IMO save your money and go for some nice rca interconnects
Old 11-17-2002, 01:59 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by igo4bmx
usually the head unit has to have the ability to send signal through a fiber optic wire, its very very pricey, and i've only really seen on high end units like alpines.

IMO save your money and go for some nice rca interconnects
I doubt seth90dx's sony xplod has fiber optic outs, makes me wonder what he's talking about and how, if he's using an adapter that fits in the rca jacks, there is any gain to be had. As far as my inteconnects, Im using Stinger Hyper series twisted pairs, good enough?
Old 11-17-2002, 03:52 PM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

the stinger hyper series interconnects are great for handling any loop noise. Fiber optic can be seen as putting through a clean signal and its lossless through distance (alot of network's and high speed connections has computers connected through a main switch which then routes data through one or more fiber optic lines for several hundred feet.
Old 11-17-2002, 03:55 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by igo4bmx
the stinger hyper series interconnects are great for handling any loop noise.
Sweet. I guess I should go ahead and buy another set so I can hook up my 4 ch amp.
Old 11-24-2002, 01:31 PM
Mike
Banned

Default Re: Fiber optic interconnects

Originally posted by 94uhkord
Anyone use em? Is there any significant sq gains to be had and noticed w/your ears? How much do they run?
Your components must have fiber optic inputs and outputs. Mostly mobile multimedia components accept fiber optics. I hope you're not trying to connect fiber optic cable to RCA outputs...

Mike