Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

door speaker enclosure

Old 11-15-2002, 05:34 PM
97teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door speaker enclosure

I have some polk components and wanted to get a little stronger midbass out of them so i was thinking of building an enclosure. I want it removable so i was thinking putting in a foam baffle like this one

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd..._ID=5846&DID=7

And then maybe fiberglassing the inside so it is ridged but can still be removed. I was also thinking this would be kinda small so i was thinking about putting an aperodic vent on the back that would just vent into the door. heres the vent i was thinking

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd..._ID=5846&DID=7

Any suggestions? Want to keep it low cost and basically squeeze as much out of the components as i can.
Old 11-15-2002, 06:57 PM
rcurley55

Generally, car audio midbasses perform best in an IB config. Make sure that you have done everything possible to deaden and seal the door.

AP systems are most often used with subwoofers. Dynaudio made a product called the variovent that was designed to essentially replace the port on a home audio tower speaker.

I wouldn't recommend going sealed on such a driver...make sure that the door is strong, the mounting location for the driver is well reinforced, and you have a good seal between the front and back waves.
Old 11-16-2002, 12:29 PM
97teg

Ok thanks for the advice i have dynamate on the door between the oustide of the door and the inside of the interior pannel.