Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

humming and thumps from my subs??

Old 11-14-2002, 02:57 PM
2kcoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default humming and thumps from my subs??

i have a kenwood excelon head unit, two JL 10W3s powered by a phoenix gold zx600ti. i had it professionally installed with very good wires.

why the hell are my subs thumping, buzzing, and humming periodically. it has no pattern. everyone ive talked to say its my amp, but my amp isnt very old and its a great amp. has anyone had any problems like this or can anyone give me advice on what to do...thanks
Old 11-16-2002, 07:37 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

there are different levels of "professional" . Where did you get it installed at? If it's only in your subs then I would guess that it's in your amp as well, could be a bad set of rca's too. When does the noise happen?
Old 11-16-2002, 12:45 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

ive seen local street kids do better work than most "professionals"

Theres a lot of possible causes... take it back to the place that did it, any decent shop will be willing to help fix their mistake or a fault in the equipment they installed.
Old 11-16-2002, 02:52 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
ive seen local street kids do better work than most "professionals"

Theres a lot of possible causes... take it back to the place that did it, any decent shop will be willing to help fix their mistake or a fault in the equipment they installed.
so true. :thumbup: