Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Power Window problem on my Integra

Old 11-07-2002, 12:24 PM
akuma_racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window problem on my Integra

Hi all,

I need help. i have a 1996 Integra 4 door. My front/right and rear/left windows are having problems rolling up and down. At first, I thought it was the motor, but it does roll down/up periodically. Then I thought it was the main power window switch, but it doesn work with the individual window switches either. they are able to roll down sometimes, but not up. which leaves me stuck. this is a real pain...so please help.

The front/left and rear/right work fine; always able to roll up and down.

any ideas?
thanks!

Old 11-10-2002, 09:13 PM
LjN_728

My 95' accord coupe had the exact same prob a couple of yrs ago. What I did was take apart the door panel, to expose the motor. But it wasn't that...it was the switch. But in your case, you say that all the switches don't work or works sometimes. It would have to make me suspect the actualy motor. How did you come to the conclusion that it wasn't the motor? When u attempt rolling it up/down, does it seem like it has a hard time doing so? Maybe all u need is to lub the window track. Post please
Old 11-11-2002, 07:51 AM
akuma_racing

Hi LjN,

I do not suspect it is the main switch or individual door switches because when the window doesnt roll down, none of the swithces can roll it down. i am thinking if it was the main switch, then at least the individual switch should be able to roll it down, but no. and it is like that vice-versa.

no, it doesnt seem like is struggling when going up or down. just simply doesnt work sometimes.

this is a real pain.

thanks...any more ideas?
Old 11-18-2002, 11:35 AM
PnX-R

Simple question simple answer..

Pull back the rubber boot inbetween the two front doors and look for broken wires.. That's about all I can say if can prove it's not the switch..

It can't be the motor because if it works, it works.. Enough said..

I'll try and check back later..
Old 11-25-2002, 01:54 PM
green2dr

yeah its the mian switch, some times its not connected all the way. I actully broke one pin connecting it once for my prelude. As as a result none of the switches work. only sometimes when the little metal pieces touched. I just took it out and did some hand soldering. Junk yards charge like hell for them. The quoted me like 80 buxs here in LA. I said screw that!