Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Is this a car audio no-no?

Old 11-08-2002, 06:12 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a car audio no-no?

I have a 94 Accord LX and so far this is my setup:

no front speakers- well, I have some Boston Acoustic coax speakers in there but once upon a time I had an amp running them but they sounded like sh*t so I sold the amp and didn't reconnect the speakers to the deck since they sounded like :booty:

3way 6x9's in the rear deck-very nice speakers, running off the deck right now but they sound very good, almost sounds as if there are speakers up front already.

subs-the low end is well taken care of, not an issue:naughty:

My issue- I plan on upgrading the front speakers(which are about 1/4-1/2" too deep) to components. My last car, my "SaucyCivic" got stolen and raped. I want to avoid that if possible by not giving anyone any reason to want my car, I figure if they see some flush mount tweets in the doors, the wheels will start turning and they will be more prone to break in to see what else I have. I want my install to be stealth, the only thing they can see is a deck w/the detachable face missing. I want to install the tweets in the factory location on the 5th gen EX Accords(the little vents on the dash) so that way I have my components up front w/suitable highs for my taste, but also have the stealth install as well. I am not going to be competing, I just want some decent tunes in my ride, what do you guys think about this?
Old 11-08-2002, 06:21 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

let see, it sounds good. I'm a newbie anyways. what is stealth??? it's like a custome mask up so people wouldn't know
Old 11-08-2002, 06:25 PM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

stealth refers to installation method of making everything as hidden or integrated into the factory interior... almost like there is no real parts inside... kinda like a sleeper car, but on the inside

anyways,
i think its important for you to get a nice set of components and AMP them!
it will sound great
get the us acoustics amp on sounddomain and the crystal components (my set up)

it should total about 250 with shipping...
Old 11-08-2002, 06:45 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by PoohBoi
let see, it sounds good. I'm a newbie anyways. what is stealth??? it's like a custome mask up so people wouldn't know
stealth just means not noticeable. I don't want to put the tweets in the door panels or anywhere in plain view cause it will be a dead giveaway. When someone looks into my car, I don't want anything to catch thier eye that they'd like to steal. I want it to look stock, but sound good
Old 11-08-2002, 06:46 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by igo4bmx
stealth refers to installation method of making everything as hidden or integrated into the factory interior... almost like there is no real parts inside... kinda like a sleeper car, but on the inside

anyways,
i think its important for you to get a nice set of components and AMP them!
it will sound great
get the us acoustics amp on sounddomain and the crystal components (my set up)

it should total about 250 with shipping...
I've got the amp for them already, just need a good set of components. Think it will sound good enough with the tweets in the dash?
Old 11-08-2002, 06:52 PM
seth90dx

The bostons sounded like ass? Well anyway on my car I had to use a plastick ring. I cant remember were I bought it! But when I do I will tell you were to get them! I had to move mine out 1" because I used 6.5" speakers! They look HUGE in my little civic doors! They take up about as much space as the word huge in that last sentance with the sentance being the rest of the door! Any way you can get them in lots of sizes! OH! BEST BUY! Thats were I got them! Door Speaker Spacers is what they are called! I think Good luck dude, shoot me some pics when you are done!

BTW! TELL ME WERE YOU GOT THE BOOTY PIC! DAMMIT!~
Old 11-08-2002, 06:55 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by seth90dx
The bostons sounded like ass? Well anyway on my car I had to use a plastick ring. I cant remember were I bought it! But when I do I will tell you were to get them! I had to move mine out 1" because I used 6.5" speakers! They look HUGE in my little civic doors! They take up about as much space as the word huge in that last sentance with the sentance being the rest of the door! Any way you can get them in lots of sizes! OH! BEST BUY! Thats were I got them! Door Speaker Spacers is what they are called! I think Good luck dude, shoot me some pics when you are done!
Yeah, they are the rally series, kinda old, and with about a 1/4-1/2" of space between the speaker basket and outer ring of the speaker(the part where you put the screws through to hold it in) they don't sound very good. Besides, coax arent gonna sound as good as components so that's what I want. Know where I can get some decent components for cheap?
Old 11-08-2002, 07:13 PM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

i'm telling ... crystals!!!
also, tweets in the dash will be ok. as long as you use an angle mount (which is kind of ugly)

what about the door pillars? how about the area where to side mirrors are? you could mount them in the door and that would look pretty factory too
Old 11-08-2002, 07:26 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by igo4bmx
i'm telling ... crystals!!!
also, tweets in the dash will be ok. as long as you use an angle mount (which is kind of ugly)

what about the door pillars? how about the area where to side mirrors are? you could mount them in the door and that would look pretty factory too
crystals are the bomb huh? I'll check them out. As for the tweets in the dash, I'd have them under the vent on the dash angled at the windshield. I was thinking about mounting them in that area by the side view mirrors, but I'd rather have them out of sight all together.
Old 11-09-2002, 06:29 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

^^^