View Single Post
Old 11-08-2002, 06:12 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a car audio no-no?

I have a 94 Accord LX and so far this is my setup:

no front speakers- well, I have some Boston Acoustic coax speakers in there but once upon a time I had an amp running them but they sounded like sh*t so I sold the amp and didn't reconnect the speakers to the deck since they sounded like :booty:

3way 6x9's in the rear deck-very nice speakers, running off the deck right now but they sound very good, almost sounds as if there are speakers up front already.

subs-the low end is well taken care of, not an issue:naughty:

My issue- I plan on upgrading the front speakers(which are about 1/4-1/2" too deep) to components. My last car, my "SaucyCivic" got stolen and raped. I want to avoid that if possible by not giving anyone any reason to want my car, I figure if they see some flush mount tweets in the doors, the wheels will start turning and they will be more prone to break in to see what else I have. I want my install to be stealth, the only thing they can see is a deck w/the detachable face missing. I want to install the tweets in the factory location on the 5th gen EX Accords(the little vents on the dash) so that way I have my components up front w/suitable highs for my taste, but also have the stealth install as well. I am not going to be competing, I just want some decent tunes in my ride, what do you guys think about this?