Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Materials for Custom Floor, Box, Baffled, whatever

Old 11-08-2002, 05:46 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Materials for Custom Floor, Box, Baffled, whatever

I would like to know what materials and where did you guys buy them to make your custome sub box, baffle,and stuff like that to improve the system's quality.

thanks
Old 11-08-2002, 05:52 PM
illusion

my old boxes were 1" Baltic Birch Baffle Board with 13 layer Baltic Birch Ply Box, current box is 1" MDF (almost 8 cubic feet), the next box that's in the works is 1" baltic birch baffle and port the rest is fiberglass. Any decent wood store should carry decent MDF, there's a specialty store here in san jose that carries baltic birch, the first boxes I had it flown in for me. For fiberglass I order my resin from tap plastics, I get the cloth from a guy on ebay I've been dealing with for quite some time.

I'll reply to your other question here. I have a small fiberglass shell for the front drivers, and pretty much just have the back ones surrounded with dynamat, I got lazy. 95% of the time I don't even have my back speakers on, they only come on when I go downtown
Old 11-08-2002, 06:06 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

do you have DETAILED pics of your system, because that sound awsome custome job,