Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

97 Accord Head Unit Install Kit Solutions

Old 05-11-2008, 09:46 AM
GMan_CRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Accord Head Unit Install Kit Solutions

Does any manufacturer make a decent installation kit for a 97 Accord? I usually use Metra, but they are flimsy at best! Considering this car is one of the most popular on the planet, I thought someone would have made a better installation kit than these. I want to use the stock pocket with my aftermarket stereo, and the factory mounting support in the back of the stereo. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 05-12-2008, 03:37 AM
Tedmond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to be honest, i ONLY use metra. i see metra makes the best dash kits available to the 12v industry. I dont see how they are flimsy as they are durable and fit perfectly.

dash kits such as scosche, peripherals are decent. If you were in canada, they have BEST Custom dash kits from 2001 audio video, and they are just as good as metra.

you will not be able to use the factory bracket and pocket because the newer deck is smaller than the factory. (compare the faces) the factory is larger. You can use support and washers to hold the radio with its facotry bracket, but you end up having gaps on all sides. save the time and get the 15dollar dashkit.