Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Help: PS2

Old 11-04-2002, 08:14 AM
RobbT
Lookin For A 5th Gen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: PS2

Ok, I've got the PS2 on the passenger side of the car under the dash, with the Pioneer 6400. My problem is that I hear the DVD or game but I don't see any picture, but the radio and cd player work fine one the radio. The store that install did use a invert with a video booster. I don't want to take it back because last time they got glue on my leather seats and I wanted to kill the owner of the store. Thanks for any help.

Robb
Old 11-04-2002, 08:57 PM
LjN_728

well it seems that the only prob is the video cable (it's the yellow plug). What I would do is backtrack from the PS2, the video cable. Follow it thru all the video inputs or whatever the video cable goes thru. You best bet is that the connection's not good. The worse bet is that you got a bad video booster or that one of the inputs is messed up. Good Luck!
Old 11-05-2002, 06:44 AM
McIntosh'd UA5
got VIP?

maybe the shop forgot to ground the radio's parking brake wire that is used as a safety device...
Old 11-05-2002, 10:12 AM
RobbT
Lookin For A 5th Gen

Originally posted by LjN_728
well it seems that the only prob is the video cable (it's the yellow plug). What I would do is backtrack from the PS2, the video cable. Follow it thru all the video inputs or whatever the video cable goes thru. You best bet is that the connection's not good. The worse bet is that you got a bad video booster or that one of the inputs is messed up. Good Luck!
Nah, It was working fine before, I had it install during the summer. I guess with the weather getting cold out here it mess something up.

Robb
Old 11-06-2002, 12:31 PM
LjN_728

Originally posted by McIntosh'd UA5
maybe the shop forgot to ground the radio's parking brake wire that is used as a safety device...

But usually not even the sound comes out because it doesn't turn on at all.

Best bet, go back to the shop. Sorry bro...