Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

CD Changer help

Old 10-27-2002, 10:49 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Changer help

I have an old Sony CD Changer that uses the frequency of the radio. How do I make it work. I think I wired up the harness correctly. The changer is getting power, although the controls do not work. This is an older model Sony....any suggestions or tips? The unit was a hand me down...so I dont have any instruction manuals.

I looked at the FM modulator...there seems to be no place to set the desired frequency. Just a RCA L/R output, control to the changer, display output, and power output. There is a reset button too. (I've tried resetting but nothing happens)

When I turn on the head unit, the display unit doesnt turn on...did I wire it wrong? (CD changer is getting power though)...and how do I know which station is being used?

Any input?...thanks.
Old 11-01-2002, 10:25 PM
kicker1_solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CD Changer help

Originally posted by asiandoood

When I turn on the head unit, the display unit doesnt turn on...did I wire it wrong? (CD changer is getting power though)...and how do I know which station is being used?
Sounds like something in the power wiring wasn't hooked up right. And once it works, put in a cd and search through your stations on your deck until you find the station playing your cd.