Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

system installation

Old 12-14-2007, 02:00 PM
maxipereyra15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default system installation

i just installed my sound system, with a capacitator, amp, and sub, i hooked everything up and, my amp is not working, it barely moves, i messed around with the gain, and frequency and it starts making weird noises, my stereo is different from my last one it has one rca wire that says subwoofer, and then it has the rca outputs, which one do i use i have to rca's coming from the sub?
Old 12-14-2007, 06:04 PM
sqsi

Originally Posted by maxipereyra15
i just installed my sound system, with a capacitator, amp, and sub, i hooked everything up and, my amp is not working, it barely moves, i messed around with the gain, and frequency and it starts making weird noises, my stereo is different from my last one it has one rca wire that says subwoofer, and then it has the rca outputs, which one do i use i have to rca's coming from the sub?
you use the sub out and you may need to turn the subwoofer control on on the headunit, check the manual or post what your headunit is
Old 12-15-2007, 08:31 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

I'll bet it's a Dual in-dash.

Is your amp powering on?
What amp is it? I need the model and brand.
Model and brand of head unit?
Model and brand of subs?
How is it wired?
Did you run a remote turn-on wire?
Old 01-11-2008, 08:40 AM
pan7285

Its possible that the RCA marked "Sub" will be a mono output (as you don't need left and right channel for pure bass tones). The other RCA outputs will be for normal speakers inside the car (should you decide to run them off a seperate amp).

With the stereo turned off, check that the amp is getting 12v on a volt meter. When you turn the stereo on, check it again... it should remain at 12v... if it drops to 10v, its possibly and earth leakage issue and you'll need to check you cabling to make sure everythings secure and you have a good earth.

hope this helps