Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Finding Hole in the firewall

Old 11-01-2007, 04:22 AM
hussman2001
Huss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding Hole in the firewall

i have torn my drivers side apart in my car and could not find a hole in the firewall to run 4ga power wire i also did not really see any place to hide the wire through the cabin along the door jam is there some place that i am just not seeing

i have a 99 ACCORD EX V6
Old 11-01-2007, 06:59 AM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

drill a hole and fill the surrond with a gromet.

theres always a spot to run tho just gota look with a flash light...
Old 11-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Tedmond

no need to drill. if i remember correctly, the hole will be under the driver dash pretty far up from the dash area. you will see a huge black rubber grommet that is used for factory wiring. pierce a hold to the left hand side (no wires there). open the hole with a utility knife. spray some wd40 or dash cleaner on the grommet. slide your amp cable or anything wires need through easily. another area would be passenger to the left close to the ceter consol. (usually on civics)
Old 11-04-2007, 05:23 AM
hussman2001
Huss

found the hole in the fire wall and it is really far up there but i should be able to run my 4ga wire through there i did not see that the first time around because of it being up so far and it was under a layer of sound canceling padding