Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Need help with sub

Old 10-27-2007, 06:31 PM
BKKloppenborg
Love my Acura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with sub

Hey guys i am shopping for a Powered sub for my 97 Integra and dont know what size to get. I am thinking 8" will be fine, i just want some extra base, but nothing that will shake the windows. But one of my friends said 10". What size would you say would be good?
Old 10-27-2007, 07:14 PM
b00gers

I have a 10" in my Integra sedan. Although I have it in a custom ported enclosure, and it will very easily shake my rear view mirrors with only ~300 watts feeding it.

For me, sometimes its perfect, sometimes I want more bass.

For you, I would suggest a 10" because the size difference and cost should be minimal. And powered enclosures usually are designed to save space and not maximize the woofers capabilities. Again, this is VERY subjective.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:52 PM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is this a hatch or sedan?

if its a sedan you can cut a 8 inch sub into the rear deck...that will sound like glorified speaker bass...very nice sounding...

if its a hatch just get an infinity Bass Link...they are good for the money.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:24 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Originally Posted by b00gers
I have a 10" in my Integra sedan. Although I have it in a custom ported enclosure, and it will very easily shake my rear view mirrors with only ~300 watts feeding it.

For me, sometimes its perfect, sometimes I want more bass.

For you, I would suggest a 10" because the size difference and cost should be minimal. And powered enclosures usually are designed to save space and not maximize the woofers capabilities. Again, this is VERY subjective.
Im the same way, sometimes more sometimes less. I have an Infinity Reference in an off the shelf sealed 10" box, but the internal volume is near perfect for it.

The BassLink isn't bad to just fill out the lower end. I just wanted the flexibility of upgrading.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Tedmond

depends on the type of music you listen to. Usually people like going with 12's because they offer lower frequency ranges for those hard deep base notes. 10's are good as well. the differance may only be 2 -5 hz, but if u do SPL then there is a differance. 2 differant types of subs for the average listener. "Filler" subs or "Competition" subs. Filler subs fill the inside with enough bass and can be heard from the outside if your windows are down. You will end up paying LESS if you boyught a 10, in an enclosure and an amp just enough to push it. Buying infinity basslink is about 400 or so. buying a sub, box, amp and wire can be cheap as 200.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:51 PM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tedmond
depends on the type of music you listen to. Usually people like going with 12's because they offer lower frequency ranges for those hard deep base notes. 10's are good as well. the differance may only be 2 -5 hz, but if u do SPL then there is a differance. 2 differant types of subs for the average listener. "Filler" subs or "Competition" subs. Filler subs fill the inside with enough bass and can be heard from the outside if your windows are down. You will end up paying LESS if you boyught a 10, in an enclosure and an amp just enough to push it. Buying infinity basslink is about 400 or so. buying a sub, box, amp and wire can be cheap as 200.
bass link at BBY=300$

Basslink off ebay store = 170-250$