Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

How am I supposed to get these speakers plugged in?

Old 09-18-2007, 05:13 PM
squee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How am I supposed to get these speakers plugged in?

I bought a set of speakers for my integra, now the clip on my harness will not match with the prongs on the new speakers. Am I really expected to cut my harness and solder for some lowsy speakers? Dont they make speakers that will fit my harness? This is gay.

Nevermind: going to buy adaptors

Last edited by squee; 09-18-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:26 AM
TinTin
Hong Kong

is this the same for all speakers? i haven't taken it apart yet but i want to see in advance

its taking out the door panel is a pain -_-'
Old 09-19-2007, 08:04 AM
b00gers

The sell adapters for your car. And yes some people just take the harness off and solder.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:25 AM
daleb

Originally Posted by b00gers
The sell adapters for your car.
but if you're cheap like me, you can just pull the plastic clips off. to do this, you need to pry around with a small screwdriver. once you figure out how to get it off, you will result in two crimp connectors like you get at radioshack. one of them will probably be too big so you just have to give it a little squeeze w/ needlenose so it will connect to your new speaker snuggly.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:15 PM
daleb

tin tin, the wires in the doors of 99 civics and 94 accords will work for practically any aftermarket speaker you want to put in, and the panels arent that hard to take off. depending on the car, the whole door panel may have to come off which requires removing the interior door handle, etc, and on others you can jsut remove the speaker grille... Now the trunk is a different story, but you can read my last post
Old 09-25-2007, 09:57 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by daleb
but if you're cheap like me, you can just pull the plastic clips off. to do this, you need to pry around with a small screwdriver. once you figure out how to get it off, you will result in two crimp connectors like you get at radioshack. one of them will probably be too big so you just have to give it a little squeeze w/ needlenose so it will connect to your new speaker snuggly.
Good to know

But I prefer running my own thicker gauge wire straight from the speaker to the amp anyway :thumbup:
Old 09-26-2007, 08:34 AM
daleb

ya, me2