Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

dei/viper transmitter

Old 10-14-2002, 11:16 AM
Paul
Eater of Rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dei/viper transmitter

the other weekend i found my car was broken into and out of anger i threw my keys on the ground, resulting in my one and only transmitter broken... i found some one ebay that will work for my system but i don't know how to set it specific to my system... any site w/ directions/info? thanks
Old 10-14-2002, 04:04 PM
long

you dont have the manual? call circuit city and say you got an alarm installed there but you never got the book. tell them your model and they'll give you one. they keep all the books for the alarms unless the customer asks for it. which usually never happens.
Old 10-15-2002, 04:17 AM
Dunbar

How old is the alarm, it affects how you program your remote.
Old 10-19-2002, 01:54 PM
LjN_728

u don't neccessary need the specific transmitter. you just have to make sure the frequencies match up and to do so, typically u go to any alarm store and they'll do it for u. All transmitters are programmed to match your alarm. heck...i programmed my transmitter to my friends alarm so now i can control his and mines. I have a special transmitter that's why. so yea...best advice, go to a local alarm store and ask them to program a new one for u
Old 10-23-2002, 08:13 AM
mizturyous
Terd Furgeson

Also do you remember if your old remote had a green LED or a red LED? That will also be a factor in what remote you are going to need. The newer ones use a green LED and older one had RED.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:59 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My car had an alarm, but previous owner was kind enough to not give me a transmitter... I took my car to the local alarm guy, he took out the alarm brain, and matched one up for me. $40. Not too bad... I now have a few transmitters at home from my brothers alarm, trying to see if I can make them work for my car.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net