Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

new touch-screen installed

Old 09-04-2007, 08:57 AM
dray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new touch-screen installed

It took alittle cutting and trimming but i got it to fit.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:55 PM
b00gers

How is the screen in the sun. One thing I hate about the location of my deck is that in the sun, I can not read the thing at all. Are you taking any security measures?

Thanks for posting pics!
Old 09-05-2007, 04:01 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

that's one hell of a box.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:32 AM
dray

Originally Posted by b00gers
How is the screen in the sun. One thing I hate about the location of my deck is that in the sun, I can not read the thing at all. Are you taking any security measures?
At times the sun puts a bad glare on it, but it has a tilt screen feature so i just move it alittle and the glare goes away. As for the security, im in the process of (maybe) a viper with a kill switch and some sensors.

Originally Posted by k3ifers
that's one hell of a box.
Yea it is a beast, hits like hell too!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:37 PM
flyromeo3

I just installed mine about a month ago. Couldnt be happier. My old radio was crapping out.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:51 PM
2001TEGGSR

Both of those look decent, dray - do you have any specs/info on that particular setup? Opinion on the head unit's sound capability?

I am considering either some type of touch screen head unit, or a carputer in the near future. I have a pioneer premier thats about 2 years old, and with the money invested in all other areas of my sound system, I am just not happy with the quality.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:37 AM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2001TEGGSR
Both of those look decent, dray - do you have any specs/info on that particular setup? Opinion on the head unit's sound capability?

I am considering either some type of touch screen head unit, or a carputer in the near future. I have a pioneer premier thats about 2 years old, and with the money invested in all other areas of my sound system, I am just not happy with the quality.
i believe he has a dual. made by Namsung, Korean made.

all in all the are good for the moeny but dont think they are going to last long, they wont. hope you bought a extended service plan for it
Old 09-09-2007, 12:42 PM
dray

Originally Posted by 2001TEGGSR

http://www.dualav.com/indashvideo/xdvd8281.html

So far i have had no problems with my choice. It sounds and preforms great. I would suggest the xdvd8285 though because it does look to have a better ipod interface. Just so you know all the dual units have slow load time but if you dont mind a few seconds of slience when you start your car or put in a CD its well worth the money. If its not a touch screen your looking for this by far is the best unit i have owned (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1165610937469)

Originally Posted by mr22na
i believe he has a dual. made by Namsung, Korean made.

all in all the are good for the moeny but dont think they are going to last long, they wont. hope you bought a extended service plan for it
I got the 5 year service plan =)

Last edited by dray; 09-09-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:36 PM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dray
http://www.dualav.com/indashvideo/xdvd8281.html

So far i have had no problems with my choice. It sounds and preforms great. I would suggest the xdvd8285 though because it does look to have a better ipod interface. Just so you know all the dual units have slow load time but if you dont mind a few seconds of slience when you start your car or put in a CD its well worth the money. If its not a touch screen your looking for this by far is the best unit i have owned (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1165610937469)

I got the 5 year service plan =)

you got it from best buy ? how did you get a 5 year?
Old 09-09-2007, 07:28 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

If it's from Best Buy, it's 4-years. It doesn't pile on top of Dual's 1-year warranty.