Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

new touch-screen installed

Old 09-13-2007, 07:48 PM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darkstarr
mr22na, stfu. He is happy and content with his unit and that is all that matters. I for one have never had problems with Dual units, and no one I know that has it has ever had a problem either. Yes, I have heard they are not the best, but they are budget and they are decent for someone who doesn't want to spend loads of money.
THANK YOU! Lets ease off the tension a bit you guys.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:19 AM
dray

Originally Posted by mr22na
dont worry bro hell soon find out. even though he wont post about it when it happens, b/c then we'd be right.
If i am wrong then i will say i am. But in the mean time for you to jump on here and say i wasted my money and bought a peice of shit that pisses me off because i did spend my money and did take my time to fab the dash and install it. I read the reviews and did my research and i know about the problems some people have but I also know about all the custmers that have had no problems, And i really didnt have the money to spend $900 on a kenwood so i went with $400 on the dual.

And so far I hear nothing wrong the sound quality
Old 09-14-2007, 09:24 AM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mr22na, stfu. He is happy and content with his unit and that is all that matters. I for one have never had problems with Dual units, and no one I know that has it has ever had a problem either. Yes, I have heard they are not the best, but they are budget and they are decent for someone who doesn't want to spend loads of money.

Get off Immortals sack.
Originally Posted by b00gers
THANK YOU! Lets ease off the tension a bit you guys.
mmhm the last time i checked i was the one that worked at best buy along with immortal. ( not saying im proud of that but it pays the bills.)

i sell them all the time an they come back all the time. my Sr installer had installed one in a car, it was broken out of the box ( wouldnt read a cd) installed 3 more new ones and still had same problem.

ask Omie for a third opinion.
(also works at best buy). we at best buy are not allowed to say any of our product sucks, while on the clock, so if you asked a employee while shopping they wouldnt be able to tell you the real truth.

and if you couldnt afford a 800$ kenwood screen your should have financed one. if you were going through the trouble of "cutting" your dash you could at least made it worth it.

and dont tell me to back off. this are my personal opinions and facts.

best of luck with it.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:52 AM
flyromeo3

unless you guys shit hundred dollar bills you shouldnt bash on someone because they bought a radio you deemed " garbage "

Now should I consider Alpine and clarion garbage? After all I had more problems with these radios/ DVD players that I never bothered with the warranty, they simply broke on me within two months of operation.

Now you may consider JVC crap or whatever but, the DVD player I was using has lasted me for years ( sold it and got the double din you see up there )
Its been working perfect. Screen color and brightness is just as good as when i initially turned it on.

Just so you know, SONY, CLARION and Pioneer offer a HORRIBLE WARRANTY!
Dont know what dual has but im sure since they are fairly new to the game their warranty will be much better.

secondly,...big deal if it offers 1.8v preamp output. You wont even notice the difference unless you drive around blasting the radio.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:58 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by dray
If i am wrong then i will say i am. But in the mean time for you to jump on here and say i wasted my money and bought a peice of shit that pisses me off because i did spend my money and did take my time to fab the dash and install it. I read the reviews and did my research and i know about the problems some people have but I also know about all the custmers that have had no problems, And i really didnt have the money to spend $900 on a kenwood so i went with $400 on the dual.

And so far I hear nothing wrong the sound quality

dray,...dont let them rain on your parade. You got a nice looking radio that suits you for what you need. If it breaks, it breaks. Even top quality named radios break, maybe not as often as your lower priced ones.

I almost went with the dual radio but instead spent the extra 150 i think for the JVC.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:22 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

mmhm the last time i checked i was the one that worked at best buy along with immortal. ( not saying im proud of that but it pays the bills.)

i sell them all the time an they come back all the time. my Sr installer had installed one in a car, it was broken out of the box ( wouldnt read a cd) installed 3 more new ones and still had same problem.

ask Omie for a third opinion.
(also works at best buy). we at best buy are not allowed to say any of our product sucks, while on the clock, so if you asked a employee while shopping they wouldnt be able to tell you the real truth.

and if you couldnt afford a 800$ kenwood screen your should have financed one. if you were going through the trouble of "cutting" your dash you could at least made it worth it.

and dont tell me to back off. this are my personal opinions and facts.

best of luck with it.
Just because you work at Best Buy, it doesn't automatically make you an expert.

Maybe if you would present your personal opinions and so called "facts" (facts based on what, one store? what YOU've seen?) in a more desireable way, then you wouldn't be getting slammed.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:26 AM
mr22na
Miss It.

Just because you work at Best Buy, it doesn't automatically make you an expert.

Maybe if you would present your personal opinions and so called "facts" (facts based on what, one store? what YOU've seen?) in a more desireable way, then you wouldn't be getting slammed.
the "facts" i was talking about were...

"we at best buy are not allowed to say any of our product sucks, while on the clock, so if you asked a employee while shopping they wouldnt be able to tell you the real truth."

"i sell them all the time an they come back all the time. my Sr installer had installed one in a car, it was broken out of the box ( wouldnt read a cd) installed 3 more new ones and still had same problem."

those were the facts. and my one store has their own forum were we can talk to other best buy stores WORLD WIDE. and all of them say the same stuff about them.

Sorry for acting like a A.O. i just have strong feelings about the dual radios, and if im working the sales floor. (not so much any more b/c i install now) i usually try to convince them that even though buying a extended warranty for the dual wont be good insurance. B.c with best buy after you get it replaced out side of the manufacturers warranty you have to buy another 4 year service through best buy which is usually about 8-100 for in dash TV's.

so if you got it for 500. and the service plan was 80. thats 580. and say you have it for one full year and no problems cool. and say one year and 4 days later it breaks, you WILL get a new one, but you will have to spend another 80$ to get the 4 year service again.

so thats now 500 for the unit, 80 for the service and another 80 for the service(if it breaks outside the manufacturers warranty).

total- 660$ ( plus all the state taxes)

But HOPEFULLY you got a good batch.

Enjoy your radio. (did you make it so you can watch while driving?)
Old 09-16-2007, 09:33 AM
dray

the "facts" i was talking about were...

"we at best buy are not allowed to say any of our product sucks, while on the clock, so if you asked a employee while shopping they wouldnt be able to tell you the real truth."

"i sell them all the time an they come back all the time. my Sr installer had installed one in a car, it was broken out of the box ( wouldnt read a cd) installed 3 more new ones and still had same problem."

those were the facts. and my one store has their own forum were we can talk to other best buy stores WORLD WIDE. and all of them say the same stuff about them.

Sorry for acting like a A.O. i just have strong feelings about the dual radios, and if im working the sales floor. (not so much any more b/c i install now) i usually try to convince them that even though buying a extended warranty for the dual wont be good insurance. B.c with best buy after you get it replaced out side of the manufacturers warranty you have to buy another 4 year service through best buy which is usually about 8-100 for in dash TV's.

so if you got it for 500. and the service plan was 80. thats 580. and say you have it for one full year and no problems cool. and say one year and 4 days later it breaks, you WILL get a new one, but you will have to spend another 80$ to get the 4 year service again.

so thats now 500 for the unit, 80 for the service and another 80 for the service(if it breaks outside the manufacturers warranty).

total- 660$ ( plus all the state taxes)

But HOPEFULLY you got a good batch.

Enjoy your radio. (did you make it so you can watch while driving?)

When put that way it sounds better, but its all good. And yes I did make it so i can watch it while driving....but do not because it is "against the law"
Old 09-16-2007, 02:15 PM
mr22na
Miss It.

Originally Posted by dray
When put that way it sounds better, but its all good. And yes I did make it so i can watch it while driving....but do not because it is "against the law"
werd. to me watching while your driving is not worth impoundment of your car and 1,000$ fine.(depending on what state you live in.)

im in the market for a kenwood. for some reason i only buy kenwood. i like their products. have had the same radio for 3 years an no problems.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:08 AM
dray

werd. to me watching while your driving is not worth impoundment of your car and 1,000$ fine.(depending on what state you live in.)
Yea thats the way i think too, it was just easier to ground it out than to hook it up to the e-brake switch.