Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Two questions

Old 08-15-2007, 09:22 AM
TinTin
Hong Kong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two questions

I have a '95 Accord LX

My back speakers went out (i'm not sure if they went out at the same time), i was wondering what should i check for / procedures to see where the problem lies...i also installed a new head unit about a year ago if that helps

also, i bought this car used, and i think it might have an alarm (becuase it has that little red light bulb on the driver side console), and even a remote starter

however i don't have the remote (again, bought it used) i was wondering would there be any problem if i try to install a new keyless entry or remote starter?

any help's appreciated, thanks
Old 08-16-2007, 08:04 PM
2001TEGGSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TinTin
I have a '95 Accord LX

My back speakers went out (i'm not sure if they went out at the same time), i was wondering what should i check for / procedures to see where the problem lies...i also installed a new head unit about a year ago if that helps

also, i bought this car used, and i think it might have an alarm (becuase it has that little red light bulb on the driver side console), and even a remote starter

however i don't have the remote (again, bought it used) i was wondering would there be any problem if i try to install a new keyless entry or remote starter?

any help's appreciated, thanks
Using a volt meter, check the rear speaker outputs at the stereo. If all is well, then check the wires at the speaker. If they're fine also, check the speaker itself. Your problem lies within the above. If you lack experience, just buy a simple volt meter and follow the instructions included.

As for the keyless entry/alamr system, you shouldn't have any problem installing a new one if you have the slightest idea what your doing. A installation shop will definitely be able to get it done.