Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Power Spliting Delema!!! Help!!!

Old 10-12-2002, 07:49 PM
seth90dx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Spliting Delema!!! Help!!!

OK... I just got 2 monster power spliters. one of them splits a 1/2 or 2gage into 3 4gage. The other one splits 1 4 gage into 4 8gage. My JL amp only accept 4gage power suply and 4gage ground. You see the delema? Ok... So the 4gage into 4 8gage, how am I gonna use this for ground? I need to ground a deep cycle battery a 1.0 ferad cap and 2 amps, thats a totol of four items to ground! I wouldent have even bought the 4gage to 4 8gage, but I bought the 1000 watt monster cable kit... HELP!

As for the 2gage into 3 4gage spliter, I wana use that for power suply. So should I run the 2gage from the second battery to the cap and then from the cap to the spliter? or do I run the 4gage from the second battery to the cap and then 2gage to the spliter? keep in mind I got 4gage goin from the front battery to the back battery.
Old 10-15-2002, 03:10 PM
LjN_728

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wait a sec...are you planning to ground the amp to the battery terminal or to the chasis of the car? and you connected your two batteries in paralle? ok you're seeming to confuse yourself with all these spliters and junk. Tell me exactly how many amps your running.
Cuz if this is the case...just go return all those spilters you bought. if u have 2 amps that require a 4 guage power, go buy a spilter that splits into (2) 4 guage. Run one terminal to the farad cap, which that will go to your highest output amp. With the 2nd terminal, power the 2nd amp.

i don't know man...very confusing what you're trying to say!