Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

little help with these alpine components

Old 08-02-2007, 12:52 PM
spooonyus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little help with these alpine components

Ok i have a 96 civic ex i putting Alpine 6-1/2" 2-Way 330W Component Car Speakers. i am having trouble with the tweeters. it doesn't really fit in the stock spot, it's too big. so i took it out of the case it was in an now it fix. but there is no way to mount it, in there . does anyone have any idea of how to do this or they have done it them self ? photo's would be great if anyone had some .. thanks guys
Old 08-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

This is what I did with my Eg6. I took the stock tweeters out and used the same spot for the tweeters from my DB6501's. I got some thin weather stripping from Home Depot (it's in the doors and windows dept.) to go around the top edge of the tweeters and used strong velcro on the bottom of the tweeter and the bottom of the bracket to keep it in place. It supplies the right amount of tension needed to hold them nicely. I'm not sure off-hand what your 96 Ex door panel looks like, but I hope this works for you too.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:01 AM
spooonyus

Originally Posted by Chefboiali
This is what I did with my Eg6. I took the stock tweeters out and used the same spot for the tweeters from my DB6501's. I got some thin weather stripping from Home Depot (it's in the doors and windows dept.) to go around the top edge of the tweeters and used strong velcro on the bottom of the tweeter and the bottom of the bracket to keep it in place. It supplies the right amount of tension needed to hold them nicely. I'm not sure off-hand what your 96 Ex door panel looks like, but I hope this works for you too.

that is a good idea .do you have any front shots too ? my tweeter are up by my mirrors i got them in i put of that really strong velco my self and it held them nice looks clean. it said i might have to glue them oh well . thanks for the help
i am going to get this amp i think to run them and the infin 6x9's
» 4-channel car amplifier
» 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (90 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
» 180 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms in bridged mode
» CEA-2006 compliant
right now they are running off my amp and it sounds really good. deck is 50x4
Old 08-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

Here's what it looks like with the stock grill pulled off. I'll keep it on though, to keep it looking stock.

I think you should be able to do something like this with yours, even though yours mount up by the mirrors.

Last edited by Chefboiali; 08-05-2007 at 09:52 PM.