Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

DICE iPod and HD Radio kits for Honda's and Acura's are available!

Old 05-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DICE iPod and HD Radio kits for Honda's and Acura's are available!

Hello!
I'm Nick, and I'm happily sponsoring this forum - and announcing that our kits for OEM Honda & Acura head-units are available.

This kit will allow you to have control over the iPod from the head-unit or from the steering wheel, you keep full control over the iPod while it's in use (Unique to our product) and there are no limitations to how many songs or play-lists on your iPod.

From the car and with a iPod, you can browse the songs, play-lists, albums in a play-list, and finally chapters in audio-books/pod-casts.

With HD radio you can pick up any HD stations in your area - and hear a huge difference. HD radio sounds far better than standard FM radio, better than satellite radio, and even better than a MP3. It supports:
* Hybrid mode - it will lock on to any station, not just HD ones. You will never need to use the car's tuner again.
* Multi-casting - if the station you were listening to has additional channels, you will be able to see if they're available and to listen to them.
* Data-casting - whatever the radio station is broadcasting, you'll be able to read it on your radio. Usually this is artist and song info, sports scores, or news.
* Supports both FM and AM HD channels.
The difference between FM and HDFM is very noticeable. The difference between AM and HDAM is huge. It sounds fantastic. There are no imperfections in the audio when you're listening to HD. And there are no subscription fees.

Finally, you will also have a AUX jack for you to plug in another type of MP3 player, or to listen to the sound from a portable DVD movie player, or anything that can plug into it. You can adjust the Gain, Bass, Mid, and Treble from the input. So if you're listening to a DVD and the sound is off, you can tweak it so it's clearer.

There are 3 different kits available: the iPod kit w/ the 3.5mm connection, the HD kit with the iPod and 3.5mm connection, and the AUX kit with just the 3.5mm.

It doesn't matter if you have Navigation or just a single line display on your radio, you will still be able to use the kit just fine. The only limitation is that if you have a satellite radio kit, you will not be able to see text from the iPod/HD when you're using it. Everything else will work. Honda only allows you to input text in SAT mode sadly. If you don't have XM or plan on getting rid of it, then you'll have full text display of artist, song and album info.

Also, there are cradles available! With a Apple video cable, you can send video from your iPod to any screen with A/V inputs.

Here are some pics of what it looks like in use and where the kit was installed.. This is from a Acura TL:

I'll be here in the forum for a long time to answer any and all questions, and give tech support if needed.

Click on the link or on the banner at the top of the forum for more info on our kit.
http://www.diceelectronics.com/car_selector.php

And some info about HD radio:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_Radio
www.hdradio.com

Last edited by Nick@DICE; 05-25-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Nick@DICE
Banned

I forgot to mention that while the iPod is plugged in, it will charge.

And I was informed that the store is saying that the HD is not available for all Acura's & Honda's, it is indeed available.

Last edited by Nick@DICE; 05-25-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Nick@DICE
Banned

HD radio units will be out of stock for a few weeks.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:00 AM
DarkDB1

I have a 2003 TL Type-S W/Navigation.

And also my indash CD Changer is giving me a error code will this Ipod thing still work with my car?

Since i dont want to spend $800 on a new head unit and my FM Transmitter is not giving me satisfactory sound quality im looking into these thing's.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by DarkDB1
I have a 2003 TL Type-S W/Navigation.

And also my indash CD Changer is giving me a error code will this Ipod thing still work with my car?

Since i dont want to spend $800 on a new head unit and my FM Transmitter is not giving me satisfactory sound quality im looking into these thing's.
Most likely the R2 kit will work in your car. It MAY be a R4 kit, (Some TL radios switched to the newer style that year) if you want to be sure, take a look at this: http://www.discountcarstereo.com/pdf/hon98.pdf

If it is a R2 kit, to keep your navi fully functional you'll need a pass-through cable. This is one for sale: http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehon03fmm.html

If it's the R2 kit, you will not have text. If it's the R4 kit, most likely you'll also have the XM programming built into the radio and you'll be able to get text.

What's the error code and I'll look it up for you, but it won't interfere with our kit. The car will think that you have an entirely new CD changer or SAT radio. The sound quality is clean, there's no static or anything like that since it's a direct line-in to the headunit. Sorry to make this answer so complicated, but I'd rather make sure we get the right thing to you the first time.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:35 PM
DarkDB1

It's R2.

So i need to buy that little harness to... Ok.

And the code is 1. the little screen says error1 when i press the CD mode, I looked it up in the manual and it say's "see dealer"... Unfortunately the nearest Acura dealer is the pleasonton one that has such a bad rep over here.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Nick@DICE
Banned

It's R2.

And the code is 1. the little screen says error1 when i press the CD mode, I looked it up in the manual and it say's "see dealer"... Unfortunately the nearest Acura dealer is the pleasonton one that has such a bad rep over here.
Gimme a few days, I'm due to call one of the car dealerships on monday I think.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Nick@DICE
Banned

It's R2.

You need the dealer code. Does your s/n display when you press preset 1 and 6 at the same time? If not, you'll need to pull the radio and get the s/n off the headunit itself. Post it or you can call any dealership and they'll give you a code to enter to fix it.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:35 AM
DarkDB1

Oh your talking about the security code? i got that. I tried resetting it by disconnecting the battery and entering the code. Didnt work.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Oh your talking about the security code? i got that. I tried resetting it by disconnecting the battery and entering the code. Didnt work.

I'll try and get some advice for you over the weekend.