Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

DICE iPod and HD Radio kits for Honda's and Acura's are available!

Old 06-08-2007, 12:30 PM
goon54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so for $159, my 07 TSX will be able to display my ipod info on the XM screen of the navi and i can controll it via steering wheel mounted controls?
Old 06-08-2007, 12:31 PM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a mazda 3 and see that you have a kit for it, but do the steering wheel controls work with it? i don't have the nav.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by goon54
so for $159, my 07 TSX will be able to display my ipod info on the XM screen of the navi and i can controll it via steering wheel mounted controls?
Since you have navi it would be $179 (the R4 kit) but yes, that's exactly how it works.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by flipped cracka
i have a mazda 3 and see that you have a kit for it, but do the steering wheel controls work with it? i don't have the nav.
Yes, the steering wheel controls will work just fine.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:53 PM
goon54

Originally Posted by Nick@DICE
Since you have navi it would be $179 (the R4 kit) but yes, that's exactly how it works.
coolio..
one more quick question...
im looking at the generic install guide and it states removing a cd changer connection..
does this disable my indash changer?
Old 06-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by goon54
coolio..
one more quick question...
im looking at the generic install guide and it states removing a cd changer connection..
does this disable my indash changer?
No - That would apply if you had a second external CD changer. Since Honda radios can only support one external CD changer at a time, you would have to remove it to use the DICE kit.

However, if you didn't have XM/Sirius and your car year is 04+ you could keep a 2nd CD changer and the DICE kit.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:58 AM
NateontheRadio

I have an '07 TSX. Can I get the HD radio and iPod Kit? If so, how does the HD radio work, and will it display text like the iPod? I see the iPod plays through channel 1 on the XM or something, how does the HD work? I really want to get this!!! Thanks for your help!
Old 06-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by NateontheRadio
I have an '07 TSX. Can I get the HD radio and iPod Kit? If so, how does the HD radio work, and will it display text like the iPod? I see the iPod plays through channel 1 on the XM or something, how does the HD work? I really want to get this!!! Thanks for your help!
I believe you and I just spoke on the phone

If you keep the XM, you won't have text because the DICE kit will be used in CD mode and Honda radios do not support text input in CD mode. You'll still be able to use it, you'll just see the last 2 digits for the frequency you're listening to - so if you're listening to 106.7 here in LA, you'll see 67 on the screen. It's not hard to use like this. Everything else will work, you'll still be able to use all the other functions and steering wheel controls.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by Nick@DICE
HD radio units will be out of stock for a few weeks.
HD modules are back in stock.

Sadly the vehicle selector still isn't fixed, but the kit will work in all Honda/Acura models 2003+ model years.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

i have an 03 honda pilot with no navi just am/fm/cd/cassette do you have anything for my truck and would i still be able to control with the steering wheel and would it be displayed on the radio?