Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

DICE iPod and HD Radio kits for Honda's and Acura's are available!

Old 09-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Schisty97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick@DICE
A 2006 without the XM button? You must have a Canadian headunit. If that's so the kit will still work and display text. The HD kit will work perfectly for you as well - just keep in mind that there are no HD stations in Canada.
I stated that it does have the xm button
Old 09-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by Schisty97
I stated that it does have the xm button
Eep, sorry!

Either way, it will indeed work on your car. You can click on the banner at the top and it will take you to the DICE store. Be sure to add the iPod cable as well. It's $199 for the HD kit and $39 for the iPod cable.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:05 PM
CaptainVideo

Default Anyone tried this?

Has anyone actually purchased the HD Dice?
How well does it work?
How does it sound?
Does that tiny antenna actually work?
Has anyone tried using the stock antenna?
How does it pick up non-HD stations?
I read tuner sensitivity has been a problem with HD Radios.
Has anyone interfaced it with a carputer?
Does anyone have photos of an Accord install?

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by rekeen01
Hi, thanks for responding. I'm a bit confused. So do you have a product that will work? Thanks again

Yes, we do - the i-Honda kit will do what you need.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:27 AM
rlyon@cfl.rr.co

I have an 07 Civic EX sedan, do I have the text display? I've seen one website say on the SI has the text display. I cant decide between this HD unit and just the iPod connection. Will the iPod cable ($150) provide text output as well? And do I need a kit or harness and is it easy to connect?
Old 10-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by rlyon@cfl.rr.co
I have an 07 Civic EX sedan, do I have the text display? I've seen one website say on the SI has the text display. I cant decide between this HD unit and just the iPod connection. Will the iPod cable ($150) provide text output as well? And do I need a kit or harness and is it easy to connect?
The Civic EX Sedan does display text. If you had the Coupe it would not unless you had navigation. The same goes for the SI's oddly.

The regular old iPod kit will display text, it's not exclusive to the HD kits. You either need the iPod kit or the HD kit w/ the iPod cable. It's not too hard to install in that car if you don't have navigation. If you do have navi, it's going to take you a little longer but still not difficult.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:06 PM
bsyee

Default Antenna mounting location

Can the antenna be mounted lower on the dash or will it not work as well?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by bsyee
Can the antenna be mounted lower on the dash or will it not work as well?
On the dash itself? I wouldn't expect it to work well at all, it wouldn't have clear line-of-sight. You could flip it so the antenna is running up and the base is at the bottom of the windshield.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:00 PM
tastewar

Hi Nick,

I have a 2007 Odyssey EX-L without NAV, and no XM installed, and am interested in one of your kits, but I have a few questions:

1. I have read elsewhere that there are problems with the DICE iPod unit registering as a CD changer when the car is started, and that people have had to re-start their cars to get it to register. Do you acknowledge that there was or is a problem?

2. Has the above problem been fixed?

3. Did/does the problem affect the unit if it's in SAT mode?

4. I am mainly interested in iPod integration. If I buy the HD unit and the iPod cable, does the iPod functionality work exactly the same as it would with just the iPod kit?

5. If I go through your vehicle selector, it doesn't offer the HD kit, but if I simply select Honda from the left menu under HD DICE, it's there. This *will* work, right?

6. If I select the HD DICE for Honda, under accessories it comes up with a cradle and a video cable. Neither of these has the dock connecter. Where is the iPod adapter cable??

7. Do you have any pictures of the HD antenna installed?

8. You give a price (elsewhere in this thread) of $70 for the install card, whereas your online store wants to charge $90. Has the price gone up, or is one of those wrong?

9. Can I see the list of installers near 02474 before buying the card?

10. How big are the units?

11. You list a restriction on 3G iPods -- what does it mean that it "Does not support Albums/Chapters. FF/RW Does not work from radio."

Sorry for the long list, but thanks for any answers you can provide.

Last edited by tastewar; 10-26-2007 at 05:30 PM. Reason: add more questions!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Hello!
1. I have read elsewhere that there are problems with the DICE iPod unit registering as a CD changer when the car is started, and that people have had to re-start their cars to get it to register. Do you acknowledge that there was or is a problem?

2. Has the above problem been fixed?

3. Did/does the problem affect the unit if it's in SAT mode?

It was an issue in all modes, but we took care of it a few days ago. A very small portion of people were having issues.

4. I am mainly interested in iPod integration. If I buy the HD unit and the iPod cable, does the iPod functionality work exactly the same as it would with just the iPod kit?

Yup.

5. If I go through your vehicle selector, it doesn't offer the HD kit, but if I simply select Honda from the left menu under HD DICE, it's there. This *will* work, right?

Also a Yup.

6. If I select the HD DICE for Honda, under accessories it comes up with a cradle and a video cable. Neither of these has the dock connecter. Where is the iPod adapter cable??

It's a pull down on the bottom of one of the pages. It will ask about iPod's.

7. Do you have any pictures of the HD antenna installed?

In an Odyssey? I don't think so. I'll dig around.

8. You give a price (elsewhere in this thread) of $70 for the install card, whereas your online store wants to charge $90. Has the price gone up, or is one of those wrong?

I'll have to check in on that after this week. The SEMA show is happening this week and business pretty much stops in this industry because of it.

9. Can I see the list of installers near 02474 before buying the card?

Sorry, I can't even see it myself. The company who manages the network doesn't give that sort of info out, which makes good business sense for them. Not so much for everyone else.

10. How big are the units?

About the size of a child's shoe box for the HD. An iPod kit is about the size of a deck of cards, squared.

11. You list a restriction on 3G iPods -- what does it mean that it "Does not support Albums/Chapters. FF/RW Does not work from radio."

3rd Gen iPod's do not have the capability to do such things remotely. 4th gen's and above are much more powerful. It also will not start by itself when you switch to it, and it may not stop correctly when you stop the car.

Sorry for the long list, but thanks for any answers you can provide.