Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Battery went dead; "CODE" displayed on Radio

Old 04-28-2007, 07:11 PM
KTCivic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery went dead; "CODE" displayed on Radio

Hi All,

My daughter called today from college. Her batery went dead (light on?), and had to get a jump from one of her friends. I suggested afterward that she stop by O'Rielly's for a charging system/battery check. The attendent said things were OK. Now she has discoivered that the radio won't work and the word "CODE" is displayed and the CD doesn't work either.

Is there a procedure to unlock the radio? I suspect that her discharged battery has lost something in the radio memory. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
Old 04-28-2007, 11:07 PM
FooD2000
Still Water

Yea, what she'll want to do is call the dealership (assuming it's the factory radio) and give them the Vin # of the vehicle. With that, they will be able to get you the code which she should write down in case the battery fails in the future.

Sometimes the dealership will want to charge you but if you call back a few times, one of them might do it for you for free.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:19 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Yes, beware of the dealerships that will charge upto $65 for this. Sometimes you'll/she'll have to call around.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:58 AM
b00gers

If you bought the car new, or even used, the code is written on a small card that should have came in a manual.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:20 PM
menappi

They will try to charge you 75 to 100 dollars, because they will say they ned to remove the radio when in fact the serial number is always found somewhere else, such as stuck to the side of the glove box or in the manual, in the coin tray, etc. So don't pay them if they ask you, find the serial and then go to the dealer with yoru registration and id and they will give it to you. You can also get the serial by holding down two buttons on the radio but i cant' remember which ones.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:16 PM
hondaboy98
Hondaboy98

After you get the code make sure you save it incase this happens again