Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

was the factory alarm made by"rattler" if yes, how to remove

Old 03-29-2007, 07:11 PM
lorraininspain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default was the factory alarm made by"rattler" if yes, how to remove

i Have a 88 legend that won't start, i beleive a disabled alarm made by "rattler" is preventing it from starting. how to put wiring back to stock w/o alarm?
Old 04-03-2007, 02:38 AM
InfoAudio01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont believe the factory alarm is rattler. you need to locate the "brain" located somewhere in the vehicle, many times found up in the drivers side dash area. there will be a red wire about 14 gauge or so with a fuse on it. pull the fuse and you should be able to start the vehicle if the starter kill switch is wired normally closed at rest. if your car still doesnt start with the power disconnected to the brain then the starter kill switch is wired normally open at rest. what this means to you is that you will need to locate the starter wire (black w/white stripe for your 88 legend) at the steering column (normally where the starter kill switch is located), or may be hidden away from the steering column (which is how it should be wired, but least common practice). This wire will be cut in two and two wires from the brain will be connected to this wire. One from the key side of the wire and one going to the motor side. Simply connect the starter wire back together, cutting it from the brain. This will completely bypass the starter kill switch and should start your car.

If your car still doesnt start, it would be time to start looking at the other starting components of your vehicle.