Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Ultimate system for 5th Gen Accord

Old 10-09-2002, 01:19 PM
rcurley55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by PoohBoi
yup, but what i need is kinda like the brands, model and where to find them. newbie at audio
Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you have no idea about audio, then you really have no business spending 4-8k on audio. It will be a disaster if you know nothing about installation....installation is EVERYTHING when it comes to audio. I suggest you spend the next 6-8 months doing as much research and reading on the net about audio before you even think about spending this kind of money on a setup.

That said, here's what I would do:

Pioneer Premeir DEX/DEQ P9's -- (1500)
Arc Audio 2500 (3) -- (700 ea)
IDMAX V3 12" D2's (2) -- (450 ea)
ID CX 6.2 Mids (4) -- (100 ea)
Arc Audio 4150 (1) -- (600)
ID CX 5.2 mids (2) -- (100 ea)
ID CD1 Pro Drivers on CD 1ve mini bodies (500)

Spend the rest on installation materials and you would have a sweet SQ/SPL car....

Run one Arc 2500 to each Max, on Arc 2500 to the 4 6 in mids....2 in each door. Then send half the 4150 to the 5.25" mids in kicks, the other half to the horns.
Old 10-09-2002, 05:23 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

thanks rcurley55, even though i don't know much about these, but i kinda know the basics of basics. plus the installation will be doing by technitians, we just don't know what to pick to have the best system.

if you please, can you help me explain what ar those for and where can i look for them Store's name/online to buy.

and Kevin, is there any specific amp / subs brand that u would reccommend, i herd that Focal make good speaker components, is there any1 else that would make good amps / sub?
Old 10-09-2002, 07:42 PM
vthondaboi

Go with rcurley55's suggestions. I've had Arc Audio amps and they were super clean and powerful. Never owned an IDmax but no one online disses them(besides it's not flashy). If you want to go with something expensive and out there then get the JL W7's. Personally they don't sound that much better than the older JL's but hey if it's a show car you gotta ge the latest and greatest right?

The Focal 165w3 or rather their utopia 3 ways are awesome. I own a set myself but they require a LOT of clean power. The only thing that satified them was an Arc audio 2500. I used a McIntosh 110x2 and bridged a PG titanium to 250x2 and they were too weak. Another brand that's nice is the MB quarts right below there Q series. I think it's called PSD? I heard them and they sounded great and were only like 6-700 for a 3 way set.

I have a nakamichi cd-45z and that cd player is the only one I've ever kept for more than a year. It has great sound quality bit it's a plain black piece. Not ugly but just plain. For a show car get an in-dash flip screen with dvd playe built in. Panasonic's piece is jet black and very nice. Kenwood and Alpine are very nice too. Eclipse is good but a little over rated by most.

But dude since you don't know much I recommend you research. If you rush into it omeone will try to rip you off. Shops are way too biased, especialy with the way the economy is they gonan try to suck u dry.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:27 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

thanks guys, I've recommended tot he shop, whatever they do is up to them.

and thanks a lot