View Single Post
Old 10-09-2002, 07:42 PM
vthondaboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with rcurley55's suggestions. I've had Arc Audio amps and they were super clean and powerful. Never owned an IDmax but no one online disses them(besides it's not flashy). If you want to go with something expensive and out there then get the JL W7's. Personally they don't sound that much better than the older JL's but hey if it's a show car you gotta ge the latest and greatest right?

The Focal 165w3 or rather their utopia 3 ways are awesome. I own a set myself but they require a LOT of clean power. The only thing that satified them was an Arc audio 2500. I used a McIntosh 110x2 and bridged a PG titanium to 250x2 and they were too weak. Another brand that's nice is the MB quarts right below there Q series. I think it's called PSD? I heard them and they sounded great and were only like 6-700 for a 3 way set.

I have a nakamichi cd-45z and that cd player is the only one I've ever kept for more than a year. It has great sound quality bit it's a plain black piece. Not ugly but just plain. For a show car get an in-dash flip screen with dvd playe built in. Panasonic's piece is jet black and very nice. Kenwood and Alpine are very nice too. Eclipse is good but a little over rated by most.

But dude since you don't know much I recommend you research. If you rush into it omeone will try to rip you off. Shops are way too biased, especialy with the way the economy is they gonan try to suck u dry.