Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Figuring out a alarm

Old 03-19-2007, 06:22 PM
PushinREDLINE
91' Teggy Soon2be LS-VTEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Figuring out a alarm

i just bought a 91' Integra GS and it has a Nova LE security system on it but is not working and there is a small switch under the driver side of the dash i cant figure it out. any sugestions?
Old 03-19-2007, 08:28 PM
russianpsyco

I got the same switches on my prelude. one of those switches put the alarm in valet mode, not really sure what it does, and the other switch turns the horn signal on or off when you arm or disarm the alarm. I dont know if these are the same switches you have but thats what they do.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:22 AM
InfoAudio01

if you have little or no experience with alarm systems, do not attempt to mess around with your vehicles wiring! the consequences could be as little as a popped fuse, or worse, damaging your vehicle's ECU or possibly a fire!

my suggestion is to take it to a mom/pop shop, or even better Best Buy or Circuit city as they warranty all their installs lifetime! and you dont have to worry that either company will go out of business down the road.

instead of paying them to remove the alarm, pay them to install a new one!