Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Speed Pulse wire location for Navi in '00 Accord

Old 01-06-2007, 10:07 AM
mb011b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Pulse wire location for Navi in '00 Accord

I'm trying to locate a speed pulse wire to tap into to install a navigation system. Can anybody help me find it? Preferably in the cabin somewhere-- I don't have a lift. I've seen a couple of things listed, but I'm not sure where these really are.

'00 Accord 2-dr LX 4-cyl 5-speed.
Eclipse AVN2454 Nav System

What I've seen mentioned elsewhere...
"Blue/white. On the gear box sensor on the 3 pin connector"
-Is this under the car? In the cabin in front of the gear shifter?

"On the ECU in the legroom on the passenger's side on the 16 pin connector orange cable."
-The only thing I see that looks like the ECU is a box in the center, below the stereo, maybe a little towared the firewall. I pull back the carpet a little and see a box with three multi-wire connectors, left two are black and right one is blue. Other than that there's a fuse panel on the passenger's side with several multi-wire connectors coming out of it, too.

Would a car-stereo installer complete this part for me, when I've done everything else myself?
Old 01-08-2007, 02:42 PM
wrx-killer
wrx-killer-Sti eater

find the crusie control moduel, it should be in the drive kick pannel, its the blue and white
Old 01-11-2007, 05:33 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Try the Blue wire at the tach test connector which in under the battery tray in the engine bay.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:37 PM
mb011b

Thanks! I got it...

Found the cruise control module after double-checking service manual... service manual showed another unit adjacent the cruise control module which my car didn't have. I guess ABS maybe. Anyway, I confirmed it was cruise control module by finding the part number up on the side... had to use a mirror to find the p/n confirmed text "CONT AUTO CRU" is on the cruise control module sticker. Then I used an analog multimeter to confirm I had the correct wire. I started out trying to stick a needle through the blue-white wire to tap in to the signal, but the wire I guess has a solid core so it wouldn't go in. Wound up shoving the multimeter probe up into the harness and to test it, drove the car slowly in the driveway. Signal is either 5vdc or 0vdc depending on where the tire is in the rotation.

Anyway the CC module is up behind the lower driver's dash panel. Two screws in the drivers fuse area and the rest are clips. CC module is just a little to the right of the steering column. It's way up in there, I wound up kneeling on the ground outside of the car to work with it.

While the car was off, I removed the harness from the module to tap-into the blue/white wire, then re-connected.

This is all on a 2000 Accord 4-cyl LX Coupe.