Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Dual

Old 11-25-2006, 06:27 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dual

Anyone have any experiance with Dual? Specifically..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1138085803502

Im considering buying it off my friend for $200, but I currently have an Alpine CVA-1006. Would it be worth it to basically trade my run of the mill Alpine for this Dual (better per channel watts, 18watts RMS per channel, touchscreen, 7" widescreen, cd/dvd/etc...)

I just wanna get some opinions before I decide.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:42 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No. That is the biggest POS that we've ever sold.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:35 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

That'll about do it for me
Old 11-26-2006, 08:25 AM
Civic2Scooby

absolute garbage
Old 11-26-2006, 03:24 PM
t3t4delsol

I have installed several dual dvd players, they have decent screen quality, and the screens are adjustable, but you cant view a movie while driving, the unit requires you be in park and you have to pull up your ebrake 3 times in a sec to get it to play, the only way arround it I have found is to call up duals tech line and try to pry the unlock code out of them.
There is no sound tunning, as far as changing any db level, sub tunning, high mids and low are all none exsisting , the only tunning is bass and treble, in + or - setting, which is pretty much the same as a headunit from 10 years ago, dual units are junk dont waste your money on them
Old 11-26-2006, 06:35 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Thanks for the input guys. My alpine is the same way with the ebrake and such, except I've gotten around that with 2 switches .. I could but something that does it automatically, but im not paying $50 for something that takes me 3 seconds to do.

As for wanting touch screen and such, ill manage
Old 12-02-2006, 06:16 AM
mr22na
Miss It.

Originally Posted by t3t4delsol
I have installed several dual dvd players, they have decent screen quality, and the screens are adjustable, but you cant view a movie while driving, the unit requires you be in park and you have to pull up your ebrake 3 times in a sec to get it to play, the only way arround it I have found is to call up duals tech line and try to pry the unlock code out of them.
There is no sound tunning, as far as changing any db level, sub tunning, high mids and low are all none exsisting , the only tunning is bass and treble, in + or - setting, which is pretty much the same as a headunit from 10 years ago, dual units are junk dont waste your money on them
what r u talkin about the dual hooks up to the E brake and only the ebrake...ground out the E brake wire an bingo...whats all that non-sense about??????