Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Security System Question/Audio

Old 11-15-2006, 12:10 PM
BKKloppenborg
Love my Acura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security System Question/Audio

Hey guys its been a VERY Long time since i have posted here i had a 89 Honda Accord but now i am about to buy a 97 Acura Integra with 100,000 miles on it at a Honda Dealer (Its in prestine Condition) i was supprised. Anyways i want a nice security sytem on it, one with Remote start, Remote disable,(I guess can somone explain this to me) and a alarm. Post some suggestings please. Last question is i am about to check speakers today to see if their any good (Doubt it) But 4 speakers are in 97 Integra right? What sizes are they? What wiring is preinstalled? (My last 79 Benz i could only put passive speakers in because no componet wires were not even invented yet lol. Cost difference and sound difference? So i guess i am asking if its possbile to do Componet speakers in Acura. Thanks Brian
Old 11-15-2006, 12:49 PM
flyromeo3

well if your car is 5spd than you will run into some difficulties trying to get a remote start installed.
Let me start that again.....its ILLEGAL to install a remote start in a standard car. Im sure you can find someone that will do it though possibly make you sign a wavier form too.

I would get a good alarm with pager. autopage, viper, clifford.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:38 PM
wrx-killer
wrx-killer-Sti eater

well let me start out by saying its not against the law to put a remote start unit on a 5 speed if its made for it. All dei remote start units are not made for 5 speeds. And are against the law. If you want a remote start unit for a 5 speed look into the compustar line. Here is a link to a couple. http://compustar.com/security_with_remote_start.htm . Compustar offers the same line of quality alarms like dei-clifford,viper,hornet,valet, avital,python. And there customer support is up to par. The unit comes with 100% way of keeping the car from starting while in gear. I install them all the time with no problems. For it to work you have to exit the car in a certain way. If not the car will not start when attempted from the controler. If you add a alarm to your car make sure the install is up to par. If not you just bought a expensive paper weight. Make sure that you add a back-up battery to keep the alarm system powered if the battery is unpluged by a theif. Here's a link to a thread that we have about alarms systems. http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1794938 . Look around and ask question there. I am a dei and compustar dealer so I could help you out with any questions you have. If you need a compustar alarm send me your zip and I can find a local dealer next to you. Do not buy it off of flea-bay or someone thats not a dealer. You will have no warrenty on the unit.

As far as the integra speakers. There 61/2 up front and 61/2 in the back. And yes you can put componets in the front. The gsr comes with tweeters in the front so you can mount them in the factory location. You would just need to mount your crossover network in the door panel. If your going to go with componets most will need a after market amp. A stock headunit will not provide the power needed to run them. Some high power aftermartkets might work if you match up the rms of your speaker to your headunit. A headunit like this will work. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...014395,00.html . This radio has a built in 60 watt amp that if hooked up to the battery will run a clean 60 watts x 4. If you don't need that much power you can hook it up as a normal unit, flip the switch to 40watts and get a clean 40watts x 4. I used this radio with great results when match to a set of speakers that meet the rms. You can get away with using the factory speaker wires to run your new componets. I don't suggest running more then 60 watts thru your factory speakers wires. Below 60 is cool and you won't have any problems. This way you don't have to pull new speaker wires thru your doors and it helps if your on a budget. You did not say if it was a 4 door or a coupe. The 4 door has 6x9 in the back deck. Brain good luck to you and your new car. If you need any more help just post back up.

Last edited by wrx-killer; 11-15-2006 at 01:41 PM. Reason: left out words
Old 11-15-2006, 02:41 PM
BKKloppenborg
Love my Acura

Originally Posted by wrx-killer
well let me start out by saying its not against the law to put a remote start unit on a 5 speed if its made for it. All dei remote start units are not made for 5 speeds. And are against the law. If you want a remote start unit for a 5 speed look into the compustar line. Here is a link to a couple. http://compustar.com/security_with_remote_start.htm . Compustar offers the same line of quality alarms like dei-clifford,viper,hornet,valet, avital,python. And there customer support is up to par. The unit comes with 100% way of keeping the car from starting while in gear. I install them all the time with no problems. For it to work you have to exit the car in a certain way. If not the car will not start when attempted from the controler. If you add a alarm to your car make sure the install is up to par. If not you just bought a expensive paper weight. Make sure that you add a back-up battery to keep the alarm system powered if the battery is unpluged by a theif. Here's a link to a thread that we have about alarms systems. http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1794938 . Look around and ask question there. I am a dei and compustar dealer so I could help you out with any questions you have. If you need a compustar alarm send me your zip and I can find a local dealer next to you. Do not buy it off of flea-bay or someone thats not a dealer. You will have no warrenty on the unit.

As far as the integra speakers. There 61/2 up front and 61/2 in the back. And yes you can put componets in the front. The gsr comes with tweeters in the front so you can mount them in the factory location. You would just need to mount your crossover network in the door panel. If your going to go with componets most will need a after market amp. A stock headunit will not provide the power needed to run them. Some high power aftermartkets might work if you match up the rms of your speaker to your headunit. A headunit like this will work. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...014395,00.html . This radio has a built in 60 watt amp that if hooked up to the battery will run a clean 60 watts x 4. If you don't need that much power you can hook it up as a normal unit, flip the switch to 40watts and get a clean 40watts x 4. I used this radio with great results when match to a set of speakers that meet the rms. You can get away with using the factory speaker wires to run your new componets. I don't suggest running more then 60 watts thru your factory speakers wires. Below 60 is cool and you won't have any problems. This way you don't have to pull new speaker wires thru your doors and it helps if your on a budget. You did not say if it was a 4 door or a coupe. The 4 door has 6x9 in the back deck. Brain good luck to you and your new car. If you need any more help just post back up.
Ok things i forgot to say Its a Auto not a 5 speed It is a 2 door... 40 watts a channel is Plenty for me lol.

when you mean 61/2 you mean 6.5? Right?

Thanks for help first thing i am going to do is secuirty system since acura Integras are on Top 10 list here lol. (And Auto club) Then i will work on speaker system

4 6.5 speakers and a amp mabye sub?
Old 11-15-2006, 02:50 PM
wrx-killer
wrx-killer-Sti eater

correct 61/2 + 6.5 . If its a auto you can go with any remote start unit. Stay with a name brand, dei-compustar hell even audiovox. You just have to make sure the install is up to par. Check out the site that I gave you. me, fcm, suspendedhatch helped with the write up. Any question just ask or you can text me anytime for a quicker responce
Old 11-15-2006, 09:51 PM
BKKloppenborg
Love my Acura

Damit the Acura already came with a security system and also a pos one... Whatever to late now to upgrade it right? Its a brand i have never heard of Karr
Old 11-16-2006, 02:40 PM
wrx-killer
wrx-killer-Sti eater

Its never late to take out a alarm. Its a cheap brand that the car dealers use to make money, cost 30 buck and they sell it for 400. Any installer can pull that out and put in a new unit.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:20 PM
BKKloppenborg
Love my Acura

Its never late to take out a alarm. Its a cheap brand that the car dealers use to make money, cost 30 buck and they sell it for 400. Any installer can pull that out and put in a new unit.
Cost them 30 bux cost me 900 OMFG mabye i will just get my money back and have another person install it..
Old 11-22-2006, 10:39 AM
wrx-killer
wrx-killer-Sti eater

How has it gone with your new car? 5 hours are up.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:19 PM
BKKloppenborg
Love my Acura

How has it gone with your new car? 5 hours are up.
lol LOVE IT its my baby. Wow its quick.