Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

alarm locking problem

Old 09-11-2006, 07:55 PM
quikflip27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm locking problem

i have an autopage alarm in my 94 integra. a couple of weeks ago i took off the dash to remove some vibration noise. while i had it off, i decided to relocate my alarm higher up in the dash so it would be harder to get to and also so that there wouldnt be a mess of alarm cables right under the dash. i was the one to install it the first time, and it worked perfect.

this time i have one problem. when i arm the alarm, the shock sensor arms and all, but the doors dont lock. you can visually see the solonoid trying to lock the doors but it doenst go all the way. the doors remain unlocked. the alarm has a feature that locks the doors when you put the key to ignition, and unlocks when you turn the car off. this part locks and unlocks the doors fine, its just with the pager this happens. i have a feeling it has something to do with the drivers door, how you have to hold the handle open to lock the door, i think the solonoid cant get past this. help is greatly appreciated.
-quikflip