Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

setting stock Alpine headunit to AUX mode?

Old 09-08-2006, 06:32 PM
GS-ARRRRR!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default setting stock Alpine headunit to AUX mode?

Anyone have experience with setting/switching the stock CD player into AUX mode (For CD changers)...?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-M-BUS-to-...QQcmdZViewItem

I've installed the ipod adapter as listed above in the ebay link, connected the red power wire to the WHT/BLU 12volt+ from the wiring harness and the blk/gry to the ground...and when i plug in the IPOD it gets power (charges the battery)...so that's all good it seems.

the MBUS connector is plugged in as well, yet i am unable to switch the stock CD player to AUX mode...so either it doesn't recognize the cable/isn't getting a connection via mbus OR i'm just not setting the CD player to AUX mode correctly...i can only assume this is done by pressing the CD button. (which is labeled tpe./chg. above it) am i missing something?

i'm aware that an adapter of this nature doesn't provide CONTROL via the deck, but it *should* provide audio. especially considering that the MBUS-to-RCA adapter sold by the same company says it supports the very same alpine units, and i've read on other posts that people have done this setup using the RCA to stock alpine MBUS....isn't the transfer of data non-dependent on the headunit's capabilities? (as long as it has MBUS in the back)

/me pulls out his hair!

ANY HELP and i'll buy you a beer! THANKS.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:37 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Moved to Audio & Security.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-08-2006, 07:05 PM
GS-ARRRRR!

oh thanks dave, i wasn't sure where to post ...7th post and all (newbie is me )...sorry!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:03 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by GS-ARRRRR!
oh thanks dave, i wasn't sure where to post ...7th post and all (newbie is me )...sorry!
No worries at all.
You'll be in very good hands here.
In fact, I'm surprised you haven't recieved an answer yet. h:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:35 PM
b00gers

Whats the model number on the deck?
Old 09-08-2006, 08:42 PM
GS-ARRRRR!

the stock deck for my 1997 GS-R is:

MODEL NO. 39100-ST7-A500
Old 09-10-2006, 08:37 AM
GS-ARRRRR!

i'm thinking perhaps i'd need this ( http://www.cardomain.com/item/PERACUALP ) cable in order to have the headunit recognize the 'cd changer' (or in this case ipod)....but it seems like this cable is merely more of an m-bus 'extension' and not an 'adapter'....so maybe it would do nothing at all.

Dare i risk another $15 dollars in the name of this (possibly) hopeless project? hehe.

I'm getting tempted to find a cheap old alpine m-bus cd receiver and swapping out the factory deck....although the WHOLE reason i attempted this in the first place is because i'd much rather rock the stock deck (hate thieves)

la la la
Old 09-10-2006, 10:57 AM
97teg

Well i have no experince with doing this so this is just an idea. I wonder if the signal pins are in different orders or something. That adapter probably changes the pins to make it compatable.

Maybe holding the button down for a bit longer?
Old 09-10-2006, 12:36 PM
GS-ARRRRR!

You might be right about the adapter, i'm hoping so anyway since there's not much else it COULD be really.

I've tried just about every combination of button pressing/holding there is on this puppy...so unless there's some special trick i don't think that could be it.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:52 AM
GS-ARRRRR!

I was able to find this post on a random forum which I found on accident via google....crazy.

http://acurarl.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60590

So it seems you were right 97teg!