Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Help me with my cd player/stereo please!!

Old 07-14-2006, 01:51 PM
patricenovak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me with my cd player/stereo please!!

My roommate borrowed my car (2002 Honda Civic EX) and left the lights on, killing the battery. Since then, the stereo says "Code" and when you puch the numeric buttons enough times, it says "Err0". The stereo, cd player or any of the functions will not work. I am assuming I need some sort of programming code, but I purchased the car used and without a manual and cannot figure out what it would be. The cd player/stereo is a factory one. Can anyone help me? I am tired of driving in silence!
Old 07-14-2006, 01:53 PM
99PreludeSh

call or go up to a honda dealer they can get your vin and give you your code but since it did say error you have to keep the car on for like an hour for some weird reason. Thats what happened to me because I didnt know my code I had to keep the rasdio player for an hour or something like that.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need the radio code.... check the owners manual or the glovebox.... the code should have come with the car, and it may be stickered to the side of the glovebox.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:12 PM
b00gers

Please do a search on this topic. More than enough information will come up.

Like everyone said, you need the security code. Honda dealerships can give you the code. Some will charge, some wont. You will have to provide them the serial number off of the radio and your VIN. There are times when the code is written in the owner's manual or is written in the glove box. I have even heard of an instance where it was written in the trunk somewhere. :dunno:
Old 07-19-2006, 04:59 PM
HONDA_driven
got vtec?

Default Boogers is right!

Your local Honda Dealership will give you your "Code" over the phone! its easy!
Old 07-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Winky

buying an aftermarket deck will solve this problem.