Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Speaker hook-up!!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2006, 01:15 PM
pghprettie_boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker hook-up!!!!!!!

I am new to my Civic (LX w/1.5) and I wanted to hook up better speakers in my doors. My question for you guys is how do I remove the panels all the way to get to the proper wires to hook them up? Also what tools do you use to get the job done well?
Old 06-29-2006, 01:44 PM
dleccord

take out all the screws and door handles and any buttons that may seem to be holding the door panel onto the door. get a flat head and start prying it from the bottom and lift the panel out a bit and then upwards.

dont forget to deaden your entire door. youre looking at <20 sq ft of deadening. and get a baffle for your comps!
Old 06-29-2006, 01:55 PM
jumpman83

2 screwdrivers and a wire stripper/cutter. Just look for screws all over the door panel (including on the bottom facing upward), and take them all out. Use a flathead screwdriver to loosen up the door panel just enough to slip your finger in, if you can't get it done by hand alone. Once it's loose, use your hand, and just pull back until all the clips pop loose. You'll need to play with the door handle in some way (either slip it out of the door panel or undo the metal rods that open the latch, depends on how a civic's built), then once all that's done, pull the panel up so it comes out from where the window goes down, then support the panel and undo the electrical connectors, and there you go. Use the other screwdriver to take out the speaker, then cut the wires (it's probably soldered) then put disconnects on the end of the wire. Put the new one in, and go backward.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:50 PM
pghprettie_boi

Originally Posted by jumpman83
2 screwdrivers and a wire stripper/cutter. Just look for screws all over the door panel (including on the bottom facing upward), and take them all out. Use a flathead screwdriver to loosen up the door panel just enough to slip your finger in, if you can't get it done by hand alone. Once it's loose, use your hand, and just pull back until all the clips pop loose. You'll need to play with the door handle in some way (either slip it out of the door panel or undo the metal rods that open the latch, depends on how a civic's built), then once all that's done, pull the panel up so it comes out from where the window goes down, then support the panel and undo the electrical connectors, and there you go. Use the other screwdriver to take out the speaker, then cut the wires (it's probably soldered) then put disconnects on the end of the wire. Put the new one in, and go backward.

Okay I can't get the panel off at the top Do I need to take the outside door handle off?
Old 06-29-2006, 02:51 PM
pghprettie_boi

Nevermind that question
Old 07-08-2006, 11:50 AM
pghprettie_boi

Does anyone know what color are the two wires thats connected to the passenger side speaker? I go all my other wires hooked up all speakers are working with the exception of the passenger side.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:55 PM
b00gers

http://installdr.com for wire colors.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:40 AM
pghprettie_boi

Thanks