Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Head Unit Advice

Old 06-21-2006, 01:59 PM
steve5315

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Unit Advice

I got a '01 Ls Integra and i was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a headunit w/ ipod connection.. like any good brands or models.. and i was wondering what speakers would do my car justice...
Old 06-21-2006, 03:38 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

I've found the Alpine's have the easiest iPod interfaces to figure out. The new models have the full speed connection, so the interface is built in allowing you to only have to buy the calbe for $30. I wanna say you have 6.5's all the way around. Ask Boogers though, he has a teg.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:12 PM
steve5315

Ok cause i was looking at alpine or the pioneer.. thanks for the input
Old 06-22-2006, 01:23 AM
jumpman83

Pioneer!!! They're all I'll ever use, I like how they set things up, the grip of setting options and how they look. Alpine doesn't have the same setting options I've come to rely on after so many years with Pioneer. Either that or I can't find them...
Old 06-22-2006, 06:54 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

^^^Have you used the Pioneer iPod Interface??? It's terrible!! Pioneer also tend to have a little bit muffled highs, and believe me I've tried to set them up to sound as good as an Alpine. Granted, yes a good deal of the settings are very easy to setup. Alpine has slimed down this years models to be much more user-friendly.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:26 AM
Rock~1

forget pioneer, go with alpine. totalimmortal is right about the full speed connection. only problem with the new alpine is they only have 2v preouts so if you can find an 05 with a 4v preout thats the way to go.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:32 AM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your PM's
Old 06-22-2006, 09:49 AM
steve5315

ok cause i have looked at all different kinds and i like alpine.. you have to forgive me im not that good at cars but i want to learn so i don't know all the tech. terms.. but i can understand the jist of it.. so i take it if i get a alpine head the speakers should be alpine too? or can i use anything? would any of you say crutchfield has any good buys or should i go to a store like best buy?
Old 06-22-2006, 08:23 PM
jumpman83

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
^^^Have you used the Pioneer iPod Interface??? It's terrible!! Pioneer also tend to have a little bit muffled highs, and believe me I've tried to set them up to sound as good as an Alpine. Granted, yes a good deal of the settings are very easy to setup. Alpine has slimed down this years models to be much more user-friendly.
ugh, I don't like the words user-friendly... makes me think less possibility. No, I havn't used an iPod interface on anything actually. I'm old school (apearantly), all about CDs. So I probably shouldn't be posting here, but I still wanted the opportunity to support my favorite. What exactly is wrong with the interface? And muffled highs... really? I don't recall having any trouble with anything except trying to keep mid toned down a bit on certain songs... But then again I use Infinity components, which most people say have harsh highs. They must balance each other out.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:02 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steve5315
ok cause i have looked at all different kinds and i like alpine.. you have to forgive me im not that good at cars but i want to learn so i don't know all the tech. terms.. but i can understand the jist of it.. so i take it if i get a alpine head the speakers should be alpine too? or can i use anything? would any of you say crutchfield has any good buys or should i go to a store like best buy?
if you get an alpine HU, you do not have to use alpine speakers.