Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

sound system

Old 06-09-2006, 10:54 AM
whittneyshonda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sound system

i don't know shit about any kind of sound system and im just welllll..........down right confused about the whole thing! can someone tell me what would be a resonable size sound system for my car? (2001 honda accord coupe) and what kind of price i lookin at i dont want anything to big or something too inatiquet just a nice little sompin to make my music sound really good without costin an arm and a leg i was thinkin about two twelves and one amp thats what some men suggested at one shop but i would like a second opp.on this
Old 06-09-2006, 11:01 AM
b00gers

Wow.

Anyway, with car audio, everything is relative. What is inexpensive to me may be expensive to you. What sounds good to me may sound like crap to you. So remember that.

Here is what I would do:

-Upgrade the headunit. You can pick up a nice one with plenty of features for $200-$250.
-Upgrade the front speakers with a decent set of comps for $150.
-If you want you can keep the rear speakers as is, or upgrade them to an inexpensive pair for ~$75-100. I choose to leave nothing in the rear. Personal perference.
-Then you will need something for the low frequencies. I have a 10" sub in my Integra sedan, and it is enough bass for me. Check out Elemental Designs. You can get a 10" for under $100 now through their group buy deal.
-Then to make the best out of that sub you need a good box for it. $100 can get you a custom built box, or you can build your own for about $30 if you have all the tools already.
-Then comes the amp. I personally would get a 4 ch amp since I would be on a budget. First 2 channels for the fronts, bridge the last 2 for the sub. The rear fill can be powered from the deck.
-Then you will need wiring.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:10 AM
whittneyshonda

Default thanks

thank you cause lke i said i don't know any thing about this and i don't want to screw up my speakers
Old 06-09-2006, 12:48 PM
b00gers

Well, this is a forum to ask questions. Theres quite a few people here who are very helpful. Ask away if you arent sure. It is always good to get a second opinion because the shops always have a motive to giving you theirs.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Rock~1

well boogers got most of it, make sure you know what kind of music you want to listen to. ex 15" subs are going to be heavy therefor are going to take longer to recoil therefor they would not be as good for techno or rock as 10" would be. again it all depends on how much your willing to spend, i have a $4000 audio setup in my Sol. but maybe that to much for you, you only want to spend a 1000 or less. personally i beleive your better off spending a good amount on your speakers and spending whatevers left on the subs. just because you notice the difference in voice quality compared to the din of a sub. like boogers said the cheap way to go with an amp is a 4 channel bridged to the fronts and the subs. run the back speakers off the head unit, you wont hear them much. good luck and let me know what you end up doing, always like to see what other people have.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:56 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

^^^Care to share any pictures of your alleged "system"??
Old 06-13-2006, 02:58 PM
mishqua

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
^^^Care to share any pictures of your alleged "system"??
No kidding i'd like to see what 4gs got ya?
Old 06-13-2006, 03:03 PM
mishqua

Originally Posted by Rock~1
well boogers got most of it, make sure you know what kind of music you want to listen to. ex 15" subs are going to be heavy therefor are going to take longer to recoil therefor they would not be as good for techno or rock as 10" would be. again it all depends on how much your willing to spend, i have a $4000 audio setup in my Sol. but maybe that to much for you, you only want to spend a 1000 or less. personally i beleive your better off spending a good amount on your speakers and spending whatevers left on the subs. just because you notice the difference in voice quality compared to the din of a sub. like boogers said the cheap way to go with an amp is a 4 channel bridged to the fronts and the subs. run the back speakers off the head unit, you wont hear them much. good luck and let me know what you end up doing, always like to see what other people have.
Hey wait a min how can you have a 4 channel amp (bridged) to both your front speakers and your subs??? Are you saying that u ran two loads from each bridge??? As far as I know u gotta have two 4 channel amps to do that, being 2 front speakers and u said subs so I assume 2+ subs.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mishqua
Hey wait a min how can you have a 4 channel amp (bridged) to both your front speakers and your subs??? Are you saying that u ran two loads from each bridge??? As far as I know u gotta have two 4 channel amps to do that, being 2 front speakers and u said subs so I assume 2+ subs.
if i read correctly... 2 channels for front speakers, and the other 2 bridged for the sub
Old 06-14-2006, 07:51 AM
97teg

Originally Posted by mishqua
No kidding i'd like to see what 4gs got ya?
Its not that hard to spend 4k on a system. Once you factor in the install, especially if there is fiberglass, it adds up pretty quick.