Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Boxes For My 6x9's

Old 09-23-2002, 01:46 PM
08SnakeEyes08
Vince Tran....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u just had to put in ur smart azz remarks....... now u going all pms on me?? typical high schooler....... hey did ur mom give u the money for the 6x9s??

lol.... u didn't think about it?? so far all in all your post, u seem like u don't think. time to listen in school huh???

:fawk: good work.... whats the next question?? WHAT SIZE ARE MY 6X9?? LOL
Old 09-23-2002, 09:44 PM
rcurley55

Actually 08SnakeEyes08, if you knew what you were talking about, you would have realized that the particalar enclosure/installation for ANY driver is EXTREMEMLY important to it's overall performance. This includes things like mid ranges, midbasses, and even compression drivers and tweeters..yes I said tweeters!!!!!

All drivers have t/s parameters. Some types of drivers are more sensitive to enclosures then others, but the principles remain the same....this is one issue most often dealt with when mounting midranges and midbasses in kickpanels....if you seal the kick, and it's too small, then you get nasty peaks in the response, and they sound "choked" or "nasal."

But then again, I must be wrong because 08SnakeEyes08 knows it all. :rollseyes:

Seth, they are meant to be mounted in an IB config....make sure that the enclosure it larger then the woofer's VAS, and you should be fine. It may be difficult to find the T/S parameters for that driver, so call JL, and a tech should be able to help you out.

The only thing that 08SnakeEyes08 got right was that those are definitely not meant to be subs, they are more of a midbass driver. Your typical large midbass likes anwhere from 0.15 to 0.8 cubes each....as you can see, that's a large range of numbers, so like I said, call JL. They will guide you.

And a final comment to 08SnakeEyes08: If you look at your last post, it's pretty clear to see who is acting like the "typical high schooler" Please, either grow up, or troll someplace else. This is a place for people to learn, not flame and spout out inaccuracies.
Old 09-23-2002, 11:12 PM
seth90dx

Thanks rcurley, I got ur back on this board. Here is a new broblem Im working on! The guy at good guys sold me these 6.5 inch JL component speakers... Err, they are for my doors! He told me they would fit. I said are you positive? He says I've instaled those speakers in a stock 90DX Hatch... So I buy them $450 OUCH! But they are realy nice! so I got them for like a week... I take them and Im ready to begin instalation.... the frigin hole is like 3.5 inches or so. GRRRRRR! the thing is Im too atached to them now! I hooked them up to my JL 300/4 with the 6X9's.... I wont seperate with them! How do I mount these things in my door?--------Not to be childish and continue a retarded argument snakeeyes, but your comment about my parents paying for my ****.... I find that realy offending a$$hole! I work my ****ing ass off! Oh and yea I am still in school------ever heard of SEQUIA?
Old 09-24-2002, 01:11 AM
08SnakeEyes08
Vince Tran....

u could put the 6x9 nines in doors or just anywhere "free air" and they will same similar to a box. if u guys have at least have a brain..... then u will find the answer to ur own. mid drivers and highs don't need a paticular enclosure to sound good. its all about direction and ur amp. subs are different. subs depends on the box, port freq, direction, amp, volts.......

i'm childish??? read from teh beginning......

i rather not talk to fools.......
Old 09-24-2002, 04:11 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

Originally posted by seth90dx
So I buy them $450 OUCH!
h: h:
cough ripped off cough cough
anyways rcurley knows whats up, mad props to him
Old 09-24-2002, 06:11 AM
rcurley55

Originally posted by 08SnakeEyes08
u could put the 6x9 nines in doors or just anywhere "free air" and they will same similar to a box. if u guys have at least have a brain..... then u will find the answer to ur own. mid drivers and highs don't need a paticular enclosure to sound good. its all about direction and ur amp. subs are different. subs depends on the box, port freq, direction, amp, volts.......

i'm childish??? read from teh beginning......

i rather not talk to fools.......
Once again, you show your ignorance. Enclosure size is important for EVERY type of driver. It's obvious you don't know anything about car audio, and you are here to waste bandwidth with your immature comments. Take this BS to off-topic.net or some other place that encourages this childish behavior. Maybe if you did a bit more listening, you would actually learn something.

If you would "rather not talk to fools" --- LEAVE

igo4bmx:

Thanks. He probably bought them authorized, giving him the all important warranty that you can't get anywhere online when you buy JL products....sometimes piece of mind is more important then $$.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:41 AM
seth90dx

LMAO curley! Ya you are right thoe.... I got them at good guys. the 450 includes a 5 year return waranty I like them so I want to keep them even after they blow! Well a new pair at least! So Im thinking as far as the 6.5's go... Im gona mount a piece of MDF in the slot were the speaker cover panel would go (since they wont fit in the holes, and even if they did I wouldnt be able to roll down my windows) And Im just gona use long bolts to conect the holes from the metal door frame to the MDF. You see what I meen? What do you think?
Old 09-29-2002, 10:06 PM
seth90dx

my neaghbor has a DIGITAL AUDIO DUAL 12" BANDPASSS ENCLOSURE it has two ports per speaker... Will my JL W3V2-D4's work cool in there? I know they need 1.75 each for a ported box, but I know jack sh1t about bandpass boxes pluss these have dual ports Can you give me some info on how this will sound?
Old 10-02-2002, 06:11 PM
KMFDM

i had to get boxes for my 6x9s because the whole in the back of my accord were too small for the large magnets and baskets of my infinity kappas. i went to my local k's merchandise and found two 6x9 durable speaker boxes for 20 dollars total, i'm very pleased. they are sitting on my back dash below the window, but for you hatch you could just bolt em down somewhere in back
Old 10-02-2002, 06:37 PM
seth90dx

Exactly what im gonna do! Im gonna bolt them onto the top of my subwoofer box!

Quick Reply: Boxes For My 6x9's