View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 09:44 PM
rcurley55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually 08SnakeEyes08, if you knew what you were talking about, you would have realized that the particalar enclosure/installation for ANY driver is EXTREMEMLY important to it's overall performance. This includes things like mid ranges, midbasses, and even compression drivers and tweeters..yes I said tweeters!!!!!

All drivers have t/s parameters. Some types of drivers are more sensitive to enclosures then others, but the principles remain the same....this is one issue most often dealt with when mounting midranges and midbasses in kickpanels....if you seal the kick, and it's too small, then you get nasty peaks in the response, and they sound "choked" or "nasal."

But then again, I must be wrong because 08SnakeEyes08 knows it all. :rollseyes:

Seth, they are meant to be mounted in an IB config....make sure that the enclosure it larger then the woofer's VAS, and you should be fine. It may be difficult to find the T/S parameters for that driver, so call JL, and a tech should be able to help you out.

The only thing that 08SnakeEyes08 got right was that those are definitely not meant to be subs, they are more of a midbass driver. Your typical large midbass likes anwhere from 0.15 to 0.8 cubes each....as you can see, that's a large range of numbers, so like I said, call JL. They will guide you.

And a final comment to 08SnakeEyes08: If you look at your last post, it's pretty clear to see who is acting like the "typical high schooler" Please, either grow up, or troll someplace else. This is a place for people to learn, not flame and spout out inaccuracies.