Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

pioneer deck all powered up, no sound?

Old 09-20-2002, 12:17 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pioneer deck all powered up, no sound?

had my deck for several years now, pioneer deh 8000r, great deck, but recently the sounds stop comin out, i would have to take the face off and reattach it or turn it on and off and then the sound come bakk on. now its completely dead and it was frikken hella hot out when my deck went out.

did the internal amp blew? i mean either way ima run a 4ch amp for my interior speakers but aside from that, u guys think there is any other problems beside the internal amp goin out?

thanks, late.
Old 09-25-2002, 04:58 PM
JunPostChild
Green BluR

maybe a fuse? or the deck is getting ready to blow out
Old 09-26-2002, 03:24 PM
LjN_728

Well typically HUs just don't blow when running at normal. Yea you can do what JustPostChild recommended and check out the fuse, which i doubt. But yea you got 2 fuse boxes. Check the one under the driver side dash and the one in the engine bay. If the fuses are good, you might have to pull the HU out and check all connections. I'd be looking at the yellow wire. But for some reason I don't think it's the wiring either. I'd hate it if it was the faceplate that blew a short. check it out and post
Old 10-02-2002, 08:49 PM
OneToughCivic

is it dead as in no power, or dead as is no sound? does the faceplate light up? you said you're running a 4ch amp to your speakers - did you check the amp for power? maybe your remote turn on wire isn't putting out a signal. i'd say check your amp