Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Who are you? Introduce yourselves.

Old 07-08-2007, 12:07 AM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mischa316
I have a '03 RSX. I also have a Pioneer Inno with XM Sattelite Radio, Pioneer Premier w/ the oel display. 4 6 1/2" Pioneer speakers. The reason why I'm here. My back 2 speakers the right side that one is blown the left side is pretty close to being blown. Since it only took them 3 years to go I want to go with another brand. Is Infinity a good brand to get? How long do they last? My husband has Infinitys in his 01 Prelude. They sound good better than the pioneers!!
Thanks for your help.
Mischa.

Start a new thread! I am sure someone can answer your questions.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Tedmond

man this thread is old, but ill try to revive it with my post =D

95 Accord White V6
Double decker Eclipse CD7100 and AVN 7000
the flip out sites ontop.
12 Inch Orion
Eclipse XA 4000 for speakers
JL 1000.1 for sub (over powered)
Streetwires from front to back with 2 (1) farad streetwire digital caps.

i also do alot of alarm installs and custom audio, if you need any wiring diagrams for ANY car then please starte make, model, and year.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:33 PM
race4pinks

Hey guys, I'm Mike from IL. I drive a 2001 Honda Civic Sedan. I've recently purchased a few audio components for my car and I figured what better place to find some answers.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:24 PM
LordShadow

Hey there all,

Alan is the name and I'm currentlly driving a '92 Integra LS with the following components.

Sony Explode 52 x 4 HU W/Sub control and front faceplate aux input
Sony Explode 225 watt 4-way speakers in doors and rear deck
Schoche 1/4 Farad Capacitor
Replaced stock negative battery cable with 4 Gauge monster wire.
4 Gauge wire also runs to the Capacitor +/-
Pioneer 800 watt single channel Amp w/built in crossover running stable at 2 Ohm's w/4 Gauge monster wire for +/- power
8 Gauge twisted pair for subwoofer wiring
2 12" MTX 250 watt subwoofers in custom ported enclosure's wired in parallel for 2 ohm operation.

ILO "el cheapo" 2Gb MP3 player hooked to the HU Aux input
Bass responsive Red Neon tubing hidden behind/underneath the glovebox and steering column.

I'll try to get some pics up soon

Cheers
LS
Old 12-16-2007, 07:58 AM
sevenkruwer

Hi, I am sevenK. I have been a big fan of HOnda. I have driven accord 92, civic 96, and civic 98. Currently I drive accord 99 LX and my wife has accord 05. I just got my accord 99 less than a month and I have put the oem keylesss entry which does not lock. it only unlocks. grrr..i havent figure out what is wrong. I have changed the taillight with the clear and red one, get trunk opener, and more are coming. Thank you
Old 12-18-2007, 04:31 PM
guitarr2

Default Feel Right at Home

Hey All,

Just got my first Honda - 2005 Accord EX. I've had maybe 15 or so cars over the years - put my first stereo in a 1972 Dodge Charger (Pioneer Supertuner cassette, some generic amp and Cricket Speakers). have an electrical engineering degree from Penn State but please don't hold that against me :-) I play guitar so I tend to focus on more full range sound and not really big into subwoofers/uber-bass (although I did take a kenwood powered bass out of my last vehicle to put in my accord).

Thanks for everyone's time here helping others. I have learned a few things already and hopefully i can contribute also.

r2
Old 03-03-2008, 03:12 PM
streeterfighter

i currently have a 2000 civic. I've had my system stolen a few times, so i'm ok with installs with 1999-2000 civic's, and I've become decent at upgrading security. I learned from friends who were installers at audio express, so i'm not the best or the worst by any standards.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Travis@DICE
Banned

Hello Everyone. I am Travis. I have been doing car audio installs and sales now for going on 10 years. I am very knowledgeable on system designing and also product compatibility as well. The car audio industry is constantly changing, the product changes and the cars change. It makes me stay on my toes to keep up with the industry changes. Looking forward to being here for some questions that you may have and hopefully it helps you build the system you are wanting.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:55 AM
MeanGreen

My car is a 1996 honda civic coupe EX, EK chassis

My audio experience is only at diy level. I got interested in car audio when i was 15 now im 30. I never really had a bad-azz system ever in my life, but my first setup 14years ago was an alpine cd player, a rockford F punch 60, and two JL audio 15w1's. It was bass heavy, that was in my first honda civic, which was a 1988 honda civic HB, i had diy'd a box that went into the spare tire well for extra enclosure volume and got the min vol for sealed apps. That hit hard, my friends heards me from blocks away, thats what they told me anyway, lol.

My Current setup is a little quieter, but now Im going for sound quality pretty much. I have a single 8"RF punch sub mounting under the floor board behind my spare in my EK, i cut a hole for the sub to fire out of in the masonite floor and carpet, i need a grill guard to protect the woofer still. I driving that with an Eclipse 4 channel amp, 2 channels bridged to the sub and the other two channels drive the front and rear speakers in a series for both left and right.

I set my gains using my multimeter so i dont over drive my amp, so things sound pretty clean right now, but i might turn the gains up a little more to get a little more volume sooner or later.

My head unit is a Kenwood kdc something, but it has a USB port which kicks ass. My fronts and rear speakers are stock for now, but with the amp highpassed like it is, everything sounds pretty good with minimal distortion.

My setup is kinda ghetto at the moment but everything is pretty clean.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:42 PM
neujahr

Hello everyone.........my name is jason and I have a 89 acura legend and I am looking for some help on pulling out the factory radio and putting in a new one. If someone can give me some do's and dont's, It would be greatly appreciated.