Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Headunit installation help!

Old 11-29-2005, 08:38 AM
03CLSpark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headunit installation help!

I have a 2003 acura cl-s with a factory bose system (non-navi). I just purchased a Pioneer 7700mp HU and I didn't realize how difficult the installation was gonna be. I have done other HU installations before, but not with a system with a factory amp. I'm thinking there are more wires than the actual Pioneer HU itself because of the factory amp.

Does anyone know any sites or forums that can help me install the pioneer hu?

thanks in advance.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:49 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With a Bose system you will have to rewire the entire car. Bose speakers run on 1.5 ohms and the headunit simply cant support that. In addition to the HU, you will need to replace all the speakers with standard 4 ohm speakers. If its your first time doing this, budget for about 2-4 hours of time. You will need plenty of speaker wire. If you havent done this before, now is not the best time to learn. Take it somewhere and have it done, BBY will charge you 4 custom labors at 16.99 per custom and 2 rolls of speaker wire. You will also lose the warranty on your entire factory audio system if you do this yourself, dont know if that matters to you.