Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Help me pick an Infinity amp / sub. Thanks for you input!

Old 11-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Hans Stoner
pimpin' south jersey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me pick an Infinity amp / sub. Thanks for you input!

I've decided to upgrade my amp and sub, so I was gonna get one of these. Tell me what you pick and why! Thanks!!!!

Amps:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2...1A=on
Infinity Reference 611a
456 watts RMS x 1 channel at 4 ohms and 657 watts RMS x 1 channel at 2 ohms

or

Infinity Reference 5761a
56 watts RMS x 4 channels + 107 watts RMS x 2 channels at 4 ohms and ≤ 1% THD + Noise 148 watts x 2 + 287 watts x 1 at 4 ohms

subs
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2...3&y=1

Infinity Perfect 12.1
or
Infinity Perfect 12.1d [dual voice coil] why is DVC better????

or
Infinity
KAPPA PERFECT 12VQ
[URL=http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='KAPPA+PERFECT12VQ'&Ser=KPE&Ca t=SUB[/URL]

or
KAPPA PERFECT 12DVQ [URL=http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='KAPPA+PERFECT12DVQ'&Ser=KPE&C at=SUB[/URL]

Please let me know what you think. This is for my 94 Integra

I have an Alpine 9813 headunit with sub-out

I was possibly thinking of powering the speakers, but, thats a maybe.

I was leaning towards the:
Infinity Reference 611a
&
KAPPA PERFECT 12VQ / KAPPA PERFECT 12DVQ [I don't the difference between SVD & DVC besides one has twice the other, lol]

Thanks guys! :thumbup:
Old 11-27-2005, 11:44 PM
93 civicpimp

you want spl,sq. or sql I personnelly wouldn't buy any of the equipment listed. hit this sight up caraudio.com they have some really good stuff in the classified sections for less than the cost of that junk
Old 11-28-2005, 11:01 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Infinity isn't terrible, theres just a lot more out there to consider. It all depends on how much your willing to spend.

DVC- A voice coil with two windings, generally in subwoofers. Although, I have seen DVC door speakers. The coils can be wired in parallel to a mono channel or each coil can be wired to a single channel of a two channel amp. If you use the 2-ch amp option, make sure each channel has the same audio input and yields the same output.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:18 AM
b00gers

-Regarding your two amps? Why are you comparing those 2? They are completely different. The 611a can power subs, the other one...well it wont do a good job at it.

-As for subs, I've heard the Perfects in a sealed box, and they can get pretty loud. I havent heard of the VQ :dunno:

Regarding DVC, SVC. With a DVC, you will have more impedance configurations to choose from if you ever decide to add subwoofers or change amps. I would get a DVC, just in case.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Hans Stoner
pimpin' south jersey

I can get the inifity stuff like half off, thats why I'm gettin it!

thanks william :rockon:
Old 11-29-2005, 08:13 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

More power to ya then. Just make sure your matching the subs and box correctly. If it says 1.25 cu/ft sealed volume, dont stray too far off that. You can go a bit smaller if you have to, just use some polyfill to make up for it.