Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

03 Accord Nav/Sirius/Aux Input - I have noise!

Old 11-08-2005, 10:35 AM
SqueakyTL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Accord Nav/Sirius/Aux Input - I have noise!

I had a Sirius Starmate Replay installed with a PIE Aux Interface on my 03 Accord.

All works fine - pressing the CD button one brings up the in-dash CD changer, pressing again brings up CD-C (obviously for a auxiliary changer).

However, from day one there is both a high pitched whine and lower pitched rumble that is present and changes as the accellerator is pressed and released. You can hear is clearly when the Sirius unit is on, and even more clear (obviously) when the unit is powered off.

The place where I had the install done told me I needed a "noise filter". I'm just thinking it is poor grounding.

Any thoughts??
Old 11-08-2005, 01:47 PM
thoughthard

Try a factory ground, maybe?

I installed a Sirius Starbase in my g/f's 05 Accord LXSE coupe. I used the factory ground located behind the doored radio dash pocket, to the right. No noise problems.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:32 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Most likely alternator whine. I don't recall if a ground loop isolator can be installed in this situation, I dont see why not.