Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Q-logic Qform kick panels in 99 accord coupe

Old 11-03-2005, 03:14 PM
LimitedSC2k1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q-logic Qform kick panels in 99 accord coupe

Hi All, I am thinking about doing this for my gf for christmas. Does anyone have any experience with the qform kick panels. They hold a set of 5.25" component speakers. I was thinking about going with a set of infiniti reference 5010cs and a profile AP400 amp pushing 65w RMS per channel. She isn't a sound snob but just enjoys listening to her music. Anyone have any experience with any of these components? Thanks.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:49 AM
b00gers

Why not just put them in the stock location?

Those kicks are pretty thin. I would reinforce the back if I were to use them.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:21 AM
LimitedSC2k1

I was actually planning to install another set in the stock location later down the road.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:24 AM
b00gers

Why is that? 1 set is usually enough. Youll have a hard time messing with the image with 2 set of speakers playing the same thing in nearly the same location. If she isnt a music snob, I would just take the money used to buy the kicks and put that into getting a better set of comps and a better amp. Youll get much better sound.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:28 AM
LimitedSC2k1

So when you are saying stock location do you mean door/dash. Or are you talking about installing the tweeters someplace like flush mounted in the door? I am a little hesitant about doing any perminent modification to the door. I was just going to try and use the stock dash location for the second set.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:11 AM
b00gers

Originally Posted by LimitedSC2k1
So when you are saying stock location do you mean door/dash. Or are you talking about installing the tweeters someplace like flush mounted in the door? I am a little hesitant about doing any perminent modification to the door. I was just going to try and use the stock dash location for the second set.
The stock system doesnt come with a tweeter? I am pretty sure that it does. Why dont you put the woofer in the stock location, and the tweeter in the stock location (dash I think). I highly doubt that you need to mod anything to the stock panels. My gf has a 98 Accord Sedan, and she has stock tweeters.

When you say "second set" do you mean a WHOLE other set? Like altogether, 2 woofers and 2 tweeters and 2 crossovers on EACH side of the car in the front?
Old 11-04-2005, 10:27 AM
LimitedSC2k1

I just thought it would be fun to have two sets of components lol. The stock system does have tweeters in the dash and i'm not sure if there are woofers in the door stock or full range. Well if they are stock that probably means just cheap speakers. Was mainly looking at the kicks for better imaging or projection to listener. Door and dash locations don't really offer the best placement for sound. Maybe install the kicks and a nice set of three or two way speakers in the door and just leave the stock dash tweaters alone.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:45 AM
b00gers

Since you said that your gf isnt a sound snob, I would just replace the stock tweeters and woofer with a componenet set. Then find a place to mount the crossover, lay out the wiring and call it a day. Kicks *can offer better imaging...but then again I am not so sure about the QFroms and their development in their panels. But I have seen them, and they are very flimsy. You can get more midbass out the woofer if you reinforce the kick panel with some fiberglass or lots of sound deadener.

I would not add a whole other set of comps, or even add a 3 or 2 way in addition to the comp set. If you want something a lil different, put a set of comps in the kick panels, and put a nice midbass woofer in the door.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:53 AM
LimitedSC2k1

Hmm, thats some food for thought. I like the kick and mid woofer idea.