Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

To all with poor radio reception on afterket HU's - possible solution.

Old 10-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Ochdx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all with poor radio reception on afterket HU's - possible solution.

And so, now I am not my fourth aftermarket HU, and third aftermarket antenna, and on neither of them the radio reception was even remotely comparable to my stock headunit. I was messing with my antenna wires today, and here's what I discovered: the antenna connector basically consistins of an metal pin and outer shell, and I put some electrical tape around the outer shell, so that only the pin would have contack with the desk, and that solved my problem. The radio reception now is as good as it was when my car was fully stock, if not better. And I have a regular non powered antenna (not stock). I will experiment a little more with it tomorrow, see if it works with the stock antenna.

I don't know how to explain the result, but it works. If you guys going to try it, let me know how it works for you.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:32 PM
skip259

just a known fact, aftermarket stereos stereo reception isnt always as good as the factory head unit.

get satellite radio. much better than the local airwaves, unless you're scoping out for free concert tickets. lol
Old 10-29-2005, 01:23 PM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

Yeah, Sirius was my solution.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:40 PM
kill_kill_kill
it's sarcastic dude

Awesome, nice job sharing the observation, gotta try this out cuz my radio reception is fucked especially for the one channel I specifically care about (KDAY 93.5 soCal)

wonder how this could help though,,,sounds like you're just disconncting the antenae's grounding which would fuck the signal completly I would think???

thanks for the tip
Old 11-06-2005, 05:57 AM
Ochdx

Originally Posted by kill_kill_kill
Awesome, nice job sharing the observation, gotta try this out cuz my radio reception is fucked especially for the one channel I specifically care about (KDAY 93.5 soCal)

wonder how this could help though,,,sounds like you're just disconncting the antenae's grounding which would fuck the signal completly I would think???

thanks for the tip
Let me know if it works for you