Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

quick security question

Old 09-25-2005, 07:59 AM
meitzner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick security question

Ok, I've got a stock 97 civic LX 4-door. other than a single disc Pioneer stereo that was in it when i got it, there's nothing fancy about it, but it still got stolen a week ago. radio ripped out, ignition busted and a bunch of the trim panels f'ed up. So i fixed it up myself, put a stock Honda AM/FM stereo in it, with no CD or anything, got a club, and etched the VIN in all the windows (whatever that might do). My question is do you think it's still worth putting in a fuel pump kill switch, or is that overkill? I don't know why anyone would have taken the car before, because the Pioneer CD player didn't work that great anyway, skipped all the time, and the LCD display was very flaky...but i guess thieves wouldn't know that ahead of time. So what do you think, is a fuel kill switch worth the effort, or do you think the club and VIN (and factory stereo which isn't worth much) is enough?
Old 09-25-2005, 09:20 AM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

get the kill switch!!!!! people still hondas just because sometimes.... also invest in a alarm that pages you or alerts you when it goes OFF...... it's not full proof.... but the thing is make it hard for them...... if money is a problem get a the club or somthing like that
Old 09-25-2005, 11:30 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my gf father 1990 civic was stolen this monring, and i have no clue why in the world would anyone normal will go after a car that has nothing good. everything is stock and doesnt even have a radio and the car was in fair condition.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:24 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

One of the many features of the Viper 791XVR. Starter Kill-switch, it's a great alarm. People always ask me if my remote is a cell phone.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:19 AM
kill_kill_kill
it's sarcastic dude

A kill switch is an easy cheap addition as well. There's a how on the sticky atop the civic forum.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:16 AM
pizzamanLS

Go for the kill switch. Easy install.