Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

IPOD coonection to Radio in dash

Old 10-13-2005, 08:36 AM
ama8393

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IPOD coonection to Radio in dash

ANybody try or hear of a way to connect an IPOD to the factory in dash radio. On my 1997 Civic there is no tape of CD player. I fgure there must be a way to connect using headphone jack on the IPOD.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:35 AM
acidburn2k2

in my car i got an alpine CDA-9847 head unit, which comes iPod ready. you have to buy an iPod interface for it, install it in your car, and then you can control your iPod from your head unit. but for that you need a Head Unit and an interface, so if u dont wanna do that, go to radio shack and buy a monster FM modulator. this you plug into your cigarette lighter (assuming you have it) and then it plug inot your headphone jack and it plays your music from your iPod over 1 of 8 selectable channels
Old 10-21-2005, 05:52 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

There is the iPod2Car kit that will hardwire the iPod to your factory radio. The kit in 199.99 though, rather pricey. The icelink wont wire up to your radio, it too is about $200.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:58 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

My griffen iTrip just shit the bed like 2 days ago. I hard wired my iPod to my Kenwood KDC-MP828 through then AUX input untill i get around to buying the kenwood interface. It looks real nice the way it is. no wires except like 3 inches of headphone jack wire in my cup holder. When the cup holder is closed, you cant tell anything is there. Im happy with it.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:02 PM
mikesta21
93preludesi

when i got my cdx f5710 sony headunit installed i had them run a radioshack aux in wire to the back of the unit and through the pocket, so the wire sits in the pocket. wheni dont need it, i just push it into the back of the pocket.

i dont have cup holders so i couldnt do that.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:45 PM
jbors

On my Civic 99 I got Axxess ipod adapter for $25 on ebay.
Works real sucks. Can't compete with my car pc whatsoever. Can't remember tracks on playlists, can't switch over to a certain playlists. Sound is great though...
Old 10-31-2005, 03:54 PM
thatoneguy
MMMM.....BEEEEER

I use a Scosche in line modulator with my MP3 player. Pretty clean an easy to install. Not bad for 25 bucks...
Old 11-04-2005, 02:31 PM
kill_kill_kill
it's sarcastic dude

Just a thought, you may be better off price-wise to install a tape deck and use one of those headphone -> tape adapters. Sound quality will KILL the more expensive FM modulator options, of course you'll lose that nice clean stock look....
Old 11-04-2005, 02:35 PM
kill_kill_kill
it's sarcastic dude

Sorry, reading your post more carefully you probably aren't trying to get a new HU.

Check out this site for a how-to of what you are trying to do (it's no picnic though )
http://www.sethevans.com/auxinput.html

and some more info here:
http://ipod.hackaday.com/
see the entry for: Tuesday, June 14, 2005
Old 11-28-2005, 04:14 AM
rachelle

Default Fast & simple at $80-no installation needed

At Apple.com or the Apple Store, you can get a cigarette lighter adapter from Monster for $80 which charges the iPod & plays it in any car through the radio. It does a great job. I had the Griffin iTrip (about$35) before, which was ok with some interference, but I've had no interference in a dense metro area just outside New Tork City, where there is barely an unused radio frequency. The unit seems to be able to override lesser radio station signals, so you don't need pure static to make it work.

You might also stop by an Apple store and ask someone who works there.

Have fun!