Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Hands Free Cell Phone Cable Accord 2003

Old 09-26-2005, 06:44 PM
aaristotle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hands Free Cell Phone Cable Accord 2003

Can anyone identify the make/model of cell phone the connector on the left in the picture connects to?
I am trying to connect a Nokia GSM phone (on right) to the standard? centre console hands free connector (plug end in centre of picture) in a JDM Honda Accord 2003 Wagon.
If I can get the phone type I should be able to work out which wires go where and make my own cable.

Background - The existing cable came with the car. The car is fitted with a Japanese Inter-Navi. (Of course 98% of the menus are in Japanese as are the maps; not much use here in New Zealand). My new hobby is to get as much of it working as possible

Some other questions which would help me:

Does the US Honda Accord 2003 Inter-Navi have the cabled hands free option?
Is the connection in the centre console and does the plug look the same as in the picture (centre)?
Is the setup of the phone in the menu specific to exact Make / Model or more generic ie all phones by the same maker with the same plug ?
Other options; Does the US InterNavi have TV/VTR built in?
Does the US InterNavi have a trip computer ie km/l (or is it miles/gallon)

If I am able to make any progress with this I will post a few screen shots of the InterNavi setup screens to see if the layout is the same as US version, and if so purchase an english InterNavi users manual.

Any and all help appreciated.
Aaron

[IMG]cellcable.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
cellcable.jpg (21.2 KB, 22 views)